Cat. 6.10 are out

pauldh

Illustrious
It was a guy from ATI named Chuck. :D

Nice to see ATI has moved beyond the "proof of concept" "unsupported" patch to putting it in the drivers.

And yeah, the performance bit looked good. Too bad it was a crossfire boost and not a single card boost.

Dahak

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
Kool.Nice to see ATI has finally decided to patch it.Well I guess we waited long enough.

Dahak

AMD X2-4400+@2.4 S-939
EVGA NF4 SLI MB
2X7800GT IN SLI
2X1GIG DDR IN DC MODE
WD300GIG HD
EXTREME 19IN.MONITOR 1280X1024
ACE 520WATT PSU
COOLERMASTER MINI R120

Interesting to note you no longer need the Chuck patch for Oblivion...
"HDR + Anti-Aliasing support for The Elder Scrolls Oblivion - Users no longer need to download and install the Chuck patch - the Direct3D driver now includes native support for High Dynamic Range and Anti-Aliasing with The Elder Scrolls Oblivion. "

WOOHOO!!!..... wait, what's HDR I don't see that option on my MRX700. :twisted:

Just downloading the official mobiles right now, was playing with the betas before, did they change the logo and colour of the CCC yet? :mrgreen:

IcY18

Distinguished
May 1, 2006
Interesting to note you no longer need the Chuck patch for Oblivion...
"HDR + Anti-Aliasing support for The Elder Scrolls Oblivion - Users no longer need to download and install the Chuck patch - the Direct3D driver now includes native support for High Dynamic Range and Anti-Aliasing with The Elder Scrolls Oblivion. "

WOOHOO!!!..... wait, what's HDR I don't see that option on my MRX700. :twisted:

Just downloading the official mobiles right now, was playing with the betas before, did they change the logo and colour of the CCC yet? :mrgreen:

yeah now instead of a sea of red, its a sea of green which in turn looks like seaweed

yourmothersanastronaut

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
Might have to give the new official drivers a shot. I'm using Omega's modded drivers currently, because they seem to fix a framerate problem in World of Warcraft...a game that my X1900XT really shouldn't have a problem with.

Used the officials, had the problem and didn't really think about it, gave the Omegas a try and the problem went away. The new officials came out a few weeks ago, tried them, and the problem came back. Went back to the Omegas, no more drop.

Granted I'm not running Crossfire (a little tough to do on an SLI motherboard........and a budget), but I'll give them a shot.

EDIT: The new drivers fixed my WoW problem, so that's a nice step. They also fixed a "halting" problem when alt-tabbing out of a full-screen application, even at native resolution.

FAQ! The install crapped out mid install, gonna try again before shutting down for the night.

EDIT: OK, no problemo now, but WindowsDefender kept it from finishing, killed the process and bang, done. So watch it boyz, it can hang due to that.

ArbY

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2004
booyah! Under "Products Supported", finally my X1950XTX made the list.
Thanks for posting this announcement. I have been waiting over a month and a half for ATI to release a driver that supports my card.