themelonator13

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
Intels website says that the two pci ex slots can be used for crossfire but they donts specifically say that the slots can be used for sli

I would be willing to belive that ati may have payed intel to say that however is there anyone out there who has a 975xbx and uses sli?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
LMAO you see some idiotic conspiracy between ATI and Intel when really it's nVidia's fault: They've restricted their drivers, they've purposely broken SLI on Intel chipsets simply because they want you to buy nVidia chipsets.

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
It's possible with hacked forceware drivers, just check out the AW9D-MAX which comes with a SLI bridge... however, these are hacked drivers with no support so its your call on implementing it...

I guess the answer to your question is a yes, but be careful...

Edit: Changed to D... because the guy below me keeps complaining :tongue:

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Hmmmm... doesn't say so on their webbie...

1 x ASUS Q-Connector set (USB, 1394, system panel; Retail version only)
InterVideo® MEDIA LAUNCHER Suite (OEM version)
1 x Optional Fan
1 x IEEE1394a port module
2 x SATA cables
1 x SATA power cable for 2 devices
1 x UltraDMA 133/100/66 cable
1 x IDE cable
1 x FDD cable
1 x I/O Shield
1 x 2-port USB2.0 module
User's manual

Only things they include with it, from their webbie:

http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=1198&l1=3&l2=11&l3=0

On the note of the bridge, anyone know where you can buy it? I never really looked for one but I suppose you can buy it from most e-tailers... right?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I've never seen a card include a bridge. Certainly not the rigid bridges, since they need to be different depending on the spacing of the cards. I have seen photos of flexible bridges, but I've never seen one included with anything.

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
If I was nVidia, that last comment would have really hurt...

But all companies use patents to protect their interests... if they didn't then patent lawyers would all be out on the street =(

Look at Apple suing everyone using a pod moniker, or anything with "i" in it...