alc101ma

Distinguished
May 22, 2001
I am helping a friend set up a small home business network with both wired and wireless components

She has her main pc running XP Home plugged into a common Linksys 4 port router. A DSL connection is plugged into the Linksys wan port. This main computer can browse the web fine.

Also attached to the router is a Linksys wireless access point. In another room is a second pc running XP Pro with a wireless nic. This second pc can see both the wireless access point and the router fine. I have also set up file shares across both systems fine. It just can't seem to get to the internet via the DSL.

This is my first hand troubleshooting a wireless network. If anyone has any suggestions it'd be appreciated.

Thanks!

alc101ma

Distinguished
May 22, 2001
I am not at that system right now. But from what I remember, ipconfig /all on the wireless computer showed up all the proper info. By that, I mean it had been assigned a local ip and had all the correct dns information.

Tonka

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2003
Sounds like the gateway setting in the second PC might be the problem. When you get a chance check and see what it's using for the gateway the wireless, or the wired??