power charger for Axim X5

February 13, 2005 2:30:04 AM

My brother in law needs a power charger for his Dell Axim X5 that is totally
dead-does anyone know of one?

More about : power charger axim

Anonymous
February 13, 2005 10:26:56 AM

You can probably still order X5 accessories from Dell's online store.
There are also a number of 3rd party chargers that work well. I bought a
kit from E&B Cases (probably made by Belkin or some other OEM) that can
charge it from the wall, USB, or car cigarette lighter.
--
Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info

Darin wrote:
> My brother in law needs a power charger for his Dell Axim X5 that is totally
> dead-does anyone know of one?

Anonymous
February 13, 2005 3:21:52 PM

You can also go down to your local electronics store and pick up about any
HP iPAQ PPC charger. They typically come with a coaxial plug that will fit
your X5 and an adapter to let it work with the IPAQ.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
"Todd Ogasawara, Mobile Devices MVP" <Todd_MSN@NOSPAMmsn.com> wrote in
> You can probably still order X5 accessories from Dell's online store.
> There are also a number of 3rd party chargers that work well. I bought a
> kit from E&B Cases (probably made by Belkin or some other OEM) that can
> charge it from the wall, USB, or car cigarette lighter.
> --
> Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
> Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info
> http://www.OgasaWalrus.com/MobileDot/ - Brief News & Comments
>

> Darin wrote:
> > My brother in law needs a power charger for his Dell Axim X5 that is
totally
> > dead-does anyone know of one?

February 13, 2005 4:02:50 PM

With the cavaet of the shoulder diameter of the charger pin (see
http://BevHoward.com/bhhpj.htm#Pwr) any good 5v power supply such as the
chargers for Ipac's will work fine... make sure the polarity is
correct... see the Dell unit for pin polarity.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 12:51:27 AM

"Darin" <smash880@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> My brother in law needs a power charger for his Dell Axim X5 that is
> totally dead-does anyone know of one?

Anonymous
February 14, 2005 3:48:29 AM

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productlisting.aspx?...