Troubles on XP with Compaq WL200 card

Scene:

Windows XP SP1 laptop with HP/Comapq W200 Multiport (based on Agere)

Wireless starts to work (can get DHCP address, bit of surfing) but within 10
minutes traffic dies to halt despite decent signal.

Any ideas?

Other interesting issues
1) Speed sometimes shows as >11Mbs despite only being a 11b card
2) Occasional blue screen with usbohci.sys as culprit - work laptop has
windows update blocked but crash analysis says a fix is available - any
ideas?

Am trying to disable WEP but that doesn't even start to work

Mike
mikecroom@hotmail.com

"Mike Croom" <mikecroom@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Scene:
>
> Windows XP SP1 laptop with HP/Comapq W200 Multiport (based on Agere)
>
> Wireless starts to work (can get DHCP address, bit of surfing) but within
10
> minutes traffic dies to halt despite decent signal.

You sure the WZCS (Wireless Zero Configuratuion Service) is not roaming and
disconnecting when it finds another wireless network in your area.

> Any ideas?
>
> Other interesting issues
> 1) Speed sometimes shows as >11Mbs despite only being a 11b card
> 2) Occasional blue screen with usbohci.sys as culprit - work laptop has
> windows update blocked but crash analysis says a fix is available - any
> ideas?

Is this releated to the card's utility program? If so, you can tell the XP
to provide this information.

> Am trying to disable WEP but that doesn't even start to work

WEP has nothing to do with it.

Duane :)

> Duane Thanks
>
> I don;t think it is the roaming - I have got my home network as my one
> and only preferred network and I don;t see anyone else's network at
> home ever.
>
> With regards to the other stuff - it is Windows telling me the speed
> is something crazy
>
> My suspicion is that it is something around Windows - maybe USB based
> on the blue screens and the stranbge devide names
>
> Has anyone seen anything like this (works for a while then dies) or
> the strange device names?

If the card has its own driver at its Website, then you may want to down
load it. You may want to uninstall the existing driver and install the
downloaded driver with Device Manager. You can configure the card at
Device Manager as well. Doing this may stabilize things.

You may also want to disable the WZCS, just to see if it buys you
anything on the stability as it can be an issue.

Also, there have been some Hot fixes for Wireless for XP that I have
applied. You may want to check that as well.

If you're using the card's utility to do anything, you may want to stop
using it, as I have found some don't play well with XP.

Duane :)

Kati_emisk

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
tera reid sex from american pie team fortress hentai anal sex how to start bigg black ass huge ass com girls spreading ass sex xxx book sex dating in wheeler springs california tami monroe lesbian c c ass yachts sex drive penis enlargement dracula sex video 89 dominicans porn actreess sex prom night homemade sex vidio and cam clips asian celebrity sex videos photos bbm xxx bodypaint sex video suspender porn quicktime adult xxx trailer

Kler_Top

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
eureka7 xxx pictures latina lesbian feet courtney pentek porn sex offenders in washington state jail porn pics hot sexy lesbian girl disney toon pictures porn really young sex home free porn wank net miney mouse sex euro mature porn porno brasileiros gratis safe sex psa pregnancy pregnat sex stories microsoft word skills ass sex 45 petardas sex watch full episodes of sex and the city online free porn gaeries lesbian break up stories

Kati_Lab

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
savitha bhabhi sex hot lips oral sex milf photo index 90210 and sex stories porn cd delhi neighbourhood jab comix my hot ass nabor ch porn porn trailers for psp oiled slut ass cathy barry pornstar free online full-length porn movies free xxx animated movies ******* ebony ass twin dancers hentai my mom havig sex milf derivation porn spewie bam jenn scene sex sex life wife man doctor husband porno inside