Add a computer to an existing wireless network

Last response: in Wireless Networking
September 26, 2005 4:35:04 PM

Archived from groups: (More info?)

We have three computers in our house (2 desktops and one laptop). The
wireless connection is installed and working on 1 desktop and the laptop.
Now I want to add my desktop to the existing wireless network, but can't seem
to figure out how to do that. I could use any help! thanks
Anonymous
September 27, 2005 2:20:47 AM

Archived from groups: (More info?)

Hi

Since you did not indicate what is the Network hardware that you use, I would assume
that you have a Wireless cable/DSL Router, or an Access Point.

You probably need to install a Wireless card in the additional computer and configure it
to connect to the Wireless source.

I need a Wireless Card what should I get? - http://www.ezlan.net/faq#wcard

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Liane" <Liane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have three computers in our house (2 desktops and one laptop). The
> wireless connection is installed and working on 1 desktop and the laptop.
> Now I want to add my desktop to the existing wireless network, but can't seem
> to figure out how to do that. I could use any help! thanks
Anonymous
September 27, 2005 2:20:48 AM

Archived from groups: (More info?)

Jack, I just recently bought a Linksys USB network adapter for my computer
and we have cable internet so we have a cable modem and a Dell True Mobile
Router connected to the main computer. We've had much difficulty setting up
this wireless internet network. When we purchased the laptop, we had a
really difficult time getting that to connect to the wireless network. I
have tried so many things and am really frustrated. Could you give me basic
instructions on how I would go about connecting my computer with the existing
wireless network?

I saw a set of instructions that said use a flash card, 1. plug it into the
primary computer, go through the wireless connection wizard, then 2. plug it
into the WAP (which I can't because it isn't USB capable) and 3. plug it into
my computer and 4. plug it back into the main computer. My problem right now
is #2. Do you have suggestions for subtitutions to that approach?

I appreciate all your help!

Liane

!