Scanner Epson RX425 (RX420)

noman

I'm running an Epson RX425 (RX420) all in 1 printer/scanner on Windows 98SE
but can't get the scanner to work from the Epson interface (scan & save) but
it does scan independently when PC is not used.

I did initially have a problem printing but managed to change default port
from LPT1 to the USB and that works fine now.

Noman

"noman" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm running an Epson RX425 (RX420) all in 1 printer/scanner on Windows
98SE
> but can't get the scanner to work from the Epson interface (scan & save)
but
> it does scan independently when PC is not used.
>
> I did initially have a problem printing but managed to change default port
> from LPT1 to the USB and that works fine now.
>
> Noman

Go here and select Product type all in one and the RX425.
http://esupport.epson-europe.com/SupportHome.aspx?lng=en-GB

Download and install EPSON Scan (2.3e).

Did you try the TWAIN interface from a Photo Editor such as PhotoShop
Elements 2.0?

or free Irfanview. Get the Plug-ins.
http://www.irfanview.com/

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

noman Wrote:
> I'm running an Epson RX425 (RX420) all in 1 printer/scanner on Windows
> 98SE
> but can't get the scanner to work from the Epson interface (scan &
> save) but
> it does scan independently when PC is not used.
>
> I did initially have a problem printing but managed to change default
> port
> from LPT1 to the USB and that works fine now.
>
> Noman

Hi, I have a similar problem with my RX420, which comes up with the
error message "Please install the supported TWAIN driver". No matter
what I do, and that includes spending ages with the Epson help team, I
still have not got round this problem. The printer is working fine. The
scanner also works fine locally (I can copy for instance), but I cannot
make it work from my XP-PC (via the Smart Panel). Have you managed to
fins a fix for this yet?

--
Tony

noman

Hi

No I've not sorted out problem yet.

I uninstalled everything epson and it seemed to install in a different way
but now I get the same twain error as you.

I too tried Epson support but after 5 attempts never got past their level 1.
All sorts of things tried like uninstalling scan and smart panel but still
no sign of twain drivers.

This was done after clean install of windows 98SE and they also suggested I
reinstall the operating system cos I was getting an error pop up. Yeh
right...have they ever had a windows error before and just reinstalled the
whole operating system because of it......I think not.

I asked them for the stand alone twain drivers but I got no reply to my
direct question!

Still searching for solution and ever hopefull

Perhaps I'll have to uninstall the Canon digi cam stuff...............

Noman