  • Boot
  • CD-Rom
  • Windows XP
December 12, 2004 9:21:02 PM

After the intial boot up when my computor will read any files on a dvd or cd
which was in the drive on boot up. After that I am unable to read any more
disks in windows explorer although nero info icon says there is data on the
disks. I have Windows Media 10 and that does not rocognise the disks either.
Anybody got any ideas. Thanks
--
Roy

More about : unable read dvd drives

Anonymous
December 16, 2004 1:53:58 PM

Roy <Roy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>After the intial boot up when my computor will read any files on a dvd or cd
>which was in the drive on boot up. After that I am unable to read any more
>disks in windows explorer although nero info icon says there is data on the
>disks. I have Windows Media 10 and that does not rocognise the disks either.
>Anybody got any ideas. Thanks

See "How to Troubleshoot Issues with Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD
Discs" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321641).

--
(tm)
!