Unable to read dvd or cd drives

After the intial boot up when my computor will read any files on a dvd or cd
which was in the drive on boot up. After that I am unable to read any more
disks in windows explorer although nero info icon says there is data on the
disks. I have Windows Media 10 and that does not rocognise the disks either.
Anybody got any ideas. Thanks
--
Roy
1 answer Last reply

    Roy <Roy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >After the intial boot up when my computor will read any files on a dvd or cd
    >which was in the drive on boot up. After that I am unable to read any more
    >disks in windows explorer although nero info icon says there is data on the
    >disks. I have Windows Media 10 and that does not rocognise the disks either.
    >Anybody got any ideas. Thanks

    See "How to Troubleshoot Issues with Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD
    Discs" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321641).

    --
    (tm)

DVD Boot CD-Rom Windows XP