HP / Canon / Epson - Which one?

I'm looking for a scanner that will do 8.5 x 11 as well as 35 MM slides.
I'm down to:

HP 4070 $130
Epson 2480 $100
Canon 4200F $100

I like the HP because it will do 4 slides at a time and it looks like the
slides are easy to insert.
I don't like the Canon because the slide mechanism looks a little whimpy and
hard to change slides.
The HP is a little lower resolution, but from what I hear 2400x2400 is more
than I'll ever need unless I want to blow up slides to over 8x10.

I have had good luck with HP in the past.

Any comments / opinions from people that have used any of these?
Any other suggestions?

Skip

All of these are decent flat bed scanners.
None can scan 35mm with any sort of quality.
If you can afford to move up the Epson food chain a few notches the results
for scanning film will greatly impove . . .

All these have pretty decent resolution. What is it that they don't do well?
What Epson do you recommend?

"bmoag" <apquilts@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> All of these are decent flat bed scanners.
> None can scan 35mm with any sort of quality.
> If you can afford to move up the Epson food chain a few notches the
results
> for scanning film will greatly impove . . .

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 09:17:01 -0600, "Skip Allison"
<cfad07@email.mot.com> wrote:

>All these have pretty decent resolution. What is it that they don't do well?
>What Epson do you recommend?
>
>"bmoag" <apquilts@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>> All of these are decent flat bed scanners.
>> None can scan 35mm with any sort of quality.
>> If you can afford to move up the Epson food chain a few notches the
>results
>> for scanning film will greatly impove . . .

There are a number of people that frequent this group that have much
disdain for those that use use flatbeds to scan slides. It is so
lower class.