Sign in with
Your question

Turion X2 appears at Dell

Last response: in CPUs
November 1, 2006 4:36:38 PM

Today Dell debuted the Turion X2 and Mobile Sempron laptops the y have been promising for November. Contrary to the Inq's view th elaptops are NOT $449-$499. They are $549 and up.

They can be equipped with 2GB DDR2 533 and an ATi IGP.

Linkage!

More about : turion appears dell

November 1, 2006 5:08:02 PM

You mean $649 and up. The weakest configuration with Sempron 3500+ is $549. If you replace the Sempron 3500+(1.8GHz 512kB L2) with dualcore Turion64 X2 TL-50(1.6GHz 2x256kB L2), you have to pay $100 more.

Quote:
ComponentsAMD Turion™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-50
Genuine Windows® XP Home
No Express Upgrade to Windows Vista Selected
15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA Display
512MB DDR2 SDRAM 533MHZ, 1 DIMM
60GB Hard Drive
24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive
AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-50
Genuine Windows® XP Home
15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA Display
512MB DDR2 SDRAM 533MHZ, 1 DIMM
60GB Hard Drive
Accessories53 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
Dell Wireless 1390 802.11g Mini Card (54Mbps)
53 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
Dell Wireless 1390 802.11g Mini Card (54Mbps)
SoftwareNo productivity suite- Includes Microsoft Works 8. DOES NOT INCLUDE MS WORD
No Security Subscription
Trial pack- Basic and trial products from Corel and Yahoo
No productivity suite- Includes Microsoft Works 8. DOES NOT INCLUDE MS WORD
No Security Subscription
Service1Yr Ltd Warranty and Mail-In Service
6 Months EarthLink Internet Access Included
1Yr Ltd Warranty and Mail-In Service
6 Months EarthLink Internet Access Included
Also Includes
ATI RADEON® Xpress1150 256MB HyperMemory™ (Integrated)
Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 7.08
Inspiron E1501
Integrated Audio

Anyway, anyone can make a better Dell deal and get faster CPU, twice RAM, 33% larger HD and platform with better battery life, for additional 50$:
Quote:
ComponentsIntel® Core™ Duo Proc T2300E (1.66GHz/667MHz/1 X 2MB L2 Cache)
Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA Display with TrueLife™
1GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz, 2 Dimm
80GB 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950
Integrated Audio
Intel® Core™ Duo Proc T2300E (1.66GHz/667MHz/1 X 2MB L2 Cache)
Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA Display with TrueLife™
1GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz, 2 Dimm
80GB 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950
Integrated Audio
Accessories53 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
Dell Wireless 1390b/g (54Mbps)
53 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
Dell Wireless 1390b/g (54Mbps)
SoftwareNo productivity suite- Includes Microsoft Works 8. DOES NOT INCLUDE MS WORD
No Security Subscription
No productivity suite- Includes Microsoft Works 8. DOES NOT INCLUDE MS WORD
No Security Subscription
Service1Yr Ltd Warranty and Mail-In Service
6 Months America Online Internet Access Included
1Yr Ltd Warranty and Mail-In Service
6 Months America Online Internet Access Included
Also Includes
Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 7.0
E1505 Dual Core
Intel Core Duo Processor
November 1, 2006 5:09:27 PM

Quote:
You mean $649 and up. The weakest configuration with Sempron 3500+ is $549. If you replace the Sempron 3500+(1.8GHz 256kB L2) with dualcore Turion64 X2 TL-50(1.6GHz 2x256kB L2), you have to pay $100 more.

Turion x2 is only for budget purchase :wink:

I will still consider my next notebook to be Intel-Inside unless a radical change in the mobile CPU market. :wink:
Related resources
November 1, 2006 5:19:55 PM

Quote:
You mean $649 and up. The weakest configuration with Sempron 3500+ is $549. If you replace the Sempron 3500+(1.8GHz 256kB L2) with dualcore Turion64 X2 TL-50(1.6GHz 2x256kB L2), you have to pay $100 more.

I will still consider my next notebook to be Intel-Inside unless a radical change in the mobile CPU market. :wink:
I've edited my post, there you can see much better deal from Dell for $50 more.
November 1, 2006 5:40:39 PM

Quote:

When will you guys understand that most applications will not show a really noticeable difference between Turion\Core and X2\CoreDuo?

Will you really notice if Word compiles a document a few seconds faster?
Or how about opening Outlook? Maybe the big difference will be in Q4? Probably not because the majority of laptops are purchased for office work.

The duopoly will remain no matter how much you promote Core 2. As a matter of fact, you may drive peopel to AMD since you are starting to sound desperate as AMD signs deal after deal for their "SLOW" chips.

I guess you guys should hope that next month's Barcelona demo will fail to get an increase over Opteron. Come next year the roles for HariKiri will reverse with Intel fans needing to stay off of bridges and away from windows.
:roll:

All hail the duopoly.
November 1, 2006 5:45:35 PM

Quote:
When will you guys understand that most applications will not show a really noticeable difference between Turion\Core and X2\CoreDuo?

Or how about opening Outlook? Maybe the big difference will be in Q4? Probably not because the majority of laptops are purchased for office work.

The duopoly will remain no matter how much you promote Core 2. As a matter of fact, you may drive peopel to AMD since you are starting to sound desperate as AMD signs deal after deal for their "SLOW" chips.

I guess you guys should hope that next month's Barcelona demo will fail to get an increase over Opteron. Come next year the roles for HariKiri will reverse with Intel fans needing to stay off of bridges and away from windows.

All hail the duopoly.

I don't care performance much.
But I care about battery life and the size of notebook.
I don't think that Turion series will give me more battery life than Core series or even Pentium M series.

p.s. Just bought a P-M notebook last year.
November 1, 2006 5:46:45 PM

Quote:

I've edited my post, there you can see much better deal from Dell for $50 more.

This was not a price-comparison. It was nto a performance comparison. it was a post about the availibilty of Turion at Dell.

How do you define much better deal for more money? How do you rate laptop perf? people who buy laptops don't really expect them to be desktop fast so a Turion X2 will serve many a customer well.

All hail the duopoly.
November 1, 2006 5:54:29 PM

All hail BaronsBS, kings of the idiots.
November 1, 2006 7:21:58 PM

Quote:

All hail the duopoly.

I don't think that Turion series will give me more battery life than Core series or even Pentium M series.

The latest tests show (Tom's) that Turion X2 is better for DVDs while Core 2 is better for office work in terms of battery. How long can you really use a laptop away from power?

P.S. I just bought a Turion X2 2 months ago.
November 1, 2006 7:23:35 PM

Quote:

Typical, Mr Youngman. Get a life.

And you can't have mine.

P.S. Henny Youngman King of the one liners
November 1, 2006 7:24:23 PM

I wouldn't want the life of an idiot janitor who spams forums all day long but thanks anyways.
November 1, 2006 8:03:28 PM

Quote:

Typical, Mr Youngman. Get a life.

And you can't have mine.

P.S. Henny Youngman King of the one linersAhhh!!!!The life of Walter Mitty. :p 
November 1, 2006 8:50:40 PM

Most of us work. We want to be unplugged from the wall socket for awhile. Battery life is very important. If you haven't figure that out than you're........need I say more.
November 1, 2006 9:00:25 PM

This is actually quite interesting! Just in time for the holiday season too...

Is it possible that Dell's introduction of AMD CPUs as entry level notebook parts will result in AMD replacing Celeron as the entry level CPU of choice at DELL?

Dell is the best marketting tool that AMD has ever employed. I am hoping to see the "AMD on the inside, pure Dell on the outside" catch phrase on TV here in the UK. AMD has never done enough in terms of brand awareness here and it will be interesting to see how this new partnership unfolds.

I bet AMD is working it's tail off creating a new CPU/GPU combo that can run most games for entry level notebooks.

Interesting times ahead I feel.....
November 1, 2006 9:06:55 PM

Quote:

Doesnt care about performance but does care about size and battery life....Hmmmm....You may be in the wrong section. I think youre looking for a PDA :wink:
November 1, 2006 9:08:38 PM

Quote:

Is it possible that Dell's introduction of AMD CPUs as entry level notebook parts will result in AMD replacing Celeron as the entry level CPU of choice at DELL?

Dell is the best marketting tool that AMD has ever employed. I am hoping to see the "AMD on the inside, pure Dell on the outside" catch phrase on TV here in the UK. AMD has never done enough in terms of brand awareness here and it will be interesting to see how this new partnership unfolds.

I bet AMD is working it's tail off creating a new CPU/GPU combo that can run most games for entry level notebooks.

They haven't done enough anywhere. I think they should have taken the 2-2.5B they had on hand, and spent some of it on advertising(green men?) instead of on ATI. They probably would have gotten a better ROI going that route. TV ads sell products...big-time. The odd AMD ad on a website, is catering to people who basically know about AMD already. TV ads would give exposure to the so-called "joe six-packs" and non- technologically aware crowd. IMO.
November 1, 2006 10:32:30 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't want the life of an idiot janitor who spams forums all day long but thanks anyways.

Well at least I posted a fake MS Blue Badge and a Windows XP Ship-It gift. Wait, they weren't fake. Just like the code I posted.

Away with thee knave.
:twisted:
November 1, 2006 10:36:31 PM

Quote:
Most of us work. We want to be unplugged from the wall socket for awhile. Battery life is very important. If you haven't figure that out than you're........need I say more.

My statement was that the longest commute is usually less than the life of a battery. These newer laptops are getting almost 2 hours with heavy use. Some are getting more depending on the GPU and amount of RAM.
Once hybrid HDDs make it to mobile, the numbers will be even better.

These are good times now that both CPU manufs have REALLY FAST CHIPS. I will never promote more than 50% of either.
November 1, 2006 10:39:05 PM

Quote:

They haven't done enough anywhere. I think they should have taken the 2-2.5B they had on hand, and spent some of it on advertising(green men?) instead of on ATI. They probably would have gotten a better ROI going that route. TV ads sell products...big-time. The odd AMD ad on a website, is catering to people who basically know about AMD already. TV ads would give exposure to the so-called "joe six-packs" and non- technologically aware crowd. IMO.

But the thing to remember is that the Intel jingle was made popular by Dell and HP. You can't really advertise a chip without the PC. I'm sure Dell will work with AMD on marketing.
November 1, 2006 10:45:38 PM

Quote:

Yeah, 2007 will be interesting. Don't expect the hybrid CPU before 2008 but expect a socket GPU from ATi and nVidia by the summer.
It's possible that 4x4 will be the launching point for mainstream socketed GPUs.
I magine having an x1600 or x1800 or 7900GT in a socket running physics and SLI running the video with a quad core 4x4 chip.
8O

By 2008, enthusiasts will be using two sockets. Barcelona will have native coProc support so I expect a high end render chip from AMD. (wow it's wierd that AMD now produces high end GPUs).

The Stream initiative will definitely produce an FP monster for Socket F.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
November 1, 2006 11:03:48 PM

I like your statement about how you dont need Core 2 Duo extra perf.

Remind me of Krusty stamp : It's not just good, it's good enough.

Why get the best when you can settle for less.
November 1, 2006 11:09:12 PM

The same picture which had your cleaning materials for work? Get back to cleaning those toilets moron.
November 2, 2006 3:55:10 AM

Quote:

Doesnt care about performance but does care about size and battery life....Hmmmm....You may be in the wrong section. I think youre looking for a PDA :wink:

But I want a PC 8)
November 2, 2006 4:43:08 AM

Baron, you don't know what you are missing sticking just to AMD. I'm really loving my C2D E6600. It just brings tears to me eyes whenever I use it.
November 2, 2006 5:33:56 AM

Is the sempron 3500 a mobile chip or sometype of desktop chip I'm not aware of? I would consider a cheap AMD sempron system if the battery savings were similar to pentium M. Any info on these?
November 2, 2006 12:31:13 PM

Quote:
Is the sempron 3500 a mobile chip or sometype of desktop chip I'm not aware of? I would consider a cheap AMD sempron system if the battery savings were similar to pentium M. Any info on these?

Performance and battery life, the Pentium M will beat the Sempron by a large margin.
November 2, 2006 12:48:42 PM

Pentium m battery life is very good, sempron can not match it but it is not in the same class of CPU.

Celeron m is the direct competitor and will also likely provide better battery life than sempron in most cases but not by much as the celeron m (as far as I am aware!) don't throttle back when idle. The Sempron will reduce CPU usage when idle.

However, AMD is suppossedly releasing a 65nm mobile sempron(Sherman) part in Q2/07 so the situation may change when it arrives.

Celeron m and Sempron notebooks are not really designed to have long battery life. 90 minutes is generally the max you will get out of either.

If low end laptops had all the bells and whistles of more expensive high end laptops then who would bother paying the extra?
November 2, 2006 2:07:36 PM

Quote:

When will you stop the ultra mega BS-ing?
You were trolling about the "megataskers"(like you declared yourself as inventor of 4x4) and how important is the performance for you.

Quote:
Will you really notice if Word compiles a document a few seconds faster? Or how about opening Outlook? Maybe the big difference will be in Q4? Probably not because the majority of laptops are purchased for office work.
Yes, I can notice the difference. My MS Word documents are large and full of embeeded objects like MathType formulas, images and other objects. The same is for my Adobe Acrobat documents, but I can notice performance difference the most when I am using Mathlab and VisualStudio.
BTW, why do you think that most notebooks are purchased for office work?

Quote:
Why do you think that anyone with brain will promote something. Only idiots like you will promote BS. A clear example for that is this thread. When people are asking what is better they are not asking what AMD trolls are dreaming.

Quote:
Why are you making greater idiot of your self than you really are? Do your self a favor, kill your self, now!

Quote:
All hail the duopoly.
All hail BaronBS's stupidity!
November 2, 2006 2:34:05 PM

Quote:
Do your self a favor, kill your self, now!

Ease up on that statement.
November 2, 2006 3:57:11 PM

You need to learn to contain yourself dude!

Telling someone to kill themself is completely unnecessary and shows your utter disrespect for visitors to this forum.

If you have nothing constructive to say then please say NOTHING!
November 2, 2006 5:27:13 PM

Quote:
You need to learn to contain yourself dude!
And you need to learn not to teach crazy dudes like me what to do!

Quote:
Telling someone to kill themself is completely unnecessary and shows your utter disrespect for visitors to this forum.

Try to understand the BS before my reply:
Quote:
I guess you guys should hope that next month's Barcelona demo will fail to get an increase over Opteron. Come next year the roles for HariKiri will reverse with Intel fans needing to stay off of bridges and away from windows.Why are you making greater idiot of your self than you really are? Do your self a favor, kill your self, now!

Quote:
If you have nothing constructive to say then please say NOTHING!
You should recomend this to you!
November 2, 2006 5:34:36 PM

Quote:

You were trolling about the "megataskers"(like you declared yourself as inventor of 4x4) and how important is the performance for you.

Quote:
Will you really notice if Word compiles a document a few seconds faster? Or how about opening Outlook? Maybe the big difference will be in Q4? Probably not because the majority of laptops are purchased for office work.
Yes, I can notice the difference. My MS Word documents are large and full of embeeded objects like MathType formulas, images and other objects. The same is for my Adobe Acrobat documents, but I can notice performance difference the most when I am using Mathlab and VisualStudio.

Quote:
Why do you think that anyone with brain will promote something. Only idiots like you will promote BS. A clear example for that is this thread. When people are asking what is better they are not asking what AMD trolls are dreaming.

Quote:
Why are you making greater idiot of your self than you really are? Do your self a favor, kill your self, now!

Quote:
All hail the duopoly.

DO you ever give up? take a Turion X2 and a Core 2 mobile and open the same document (large or not) the biggest factor will be the HDD, not the CPU. Just opening an app is less HDD bound but it still is.

All modern CPUs will perform office tasks nearly the same. Even if you have 10 sec difference if you open the doc 3 times that will save you

A WHOPPING 30secs difference. I can see how you would notice this. I am not getting 4x4 (whatever) for opeing Word faster. I'm getting it so I can keep more VMs open while I use VS2005\SQL Server 2005 and play games.

Again you come in with the name-calling. You're just sounding desperate. My opinion is mine and you don't have to agree with it.

If I misspeak, by all means I would want to be corrected, but the name callign is getting a little tiring.
November 2, 2006 5:58:51 PM

Quote:
DO you ever give up?
I will never give up infront of BS.
Quote:
take a Turion X2 and a Core 2 mobile and open the same document (large or not) the biggest factor will be the HDD, not the CPU. Just opening an app is less HDD bound but it still is.

I have two notebooks HP Compaq nx6125 and HP Compaq nx8220. One is with Turion64 ML-34(Lancaster) 1.8GHz 1MB L2 and the other is with Pentium M 760(Dothan) 2.0GHz 2MB L2. The HDD is a factor when I am booting the apps I need, but then CPU and RAM are coming into play. I am waiting 10 sec to open an app, but than I am using the app for hours. For example if you have ver opened VS(like you are caliming that you have), you must know that CPU and RAM does really matters, especially when you have a lot of forms and when you have to switch between them. In such cases, CPU performance and cache capacity and RAM perfroamnce and RAM capacity are the most relevant performance factors and if you are not running out of RAM than the HD performance is irelevant.

Quote:
All modern CPUs will perform office tasks nearly the same.
This is BS. For example Adobe Acrobat is office app and there is a huge difference in performance between my Turion64 with 1GB of DDR-333 CL2.5 of shared(with VGA) RAM and my OC-ed Athlon64 3200+ @2.7 with my dual DDR-500 @450 CL2. The same case is for MS Word, especialy when I have a lot of MS Visio objects embedeed in my documents. The same is for MS Excel documents, especialy when using VB macros for processing sheet cells and drawing graphs.

Quote:
Even if you have 10 sec difference if you open the doc 3 times that will save you
A WHOPPING 30secs difference. I can see how you would notice this. I am not getting 4x4 (whatever) for opeing Word faster. I'm getting it so I can keep more VMs open while I use VS2005\SQL Server 2005 and play games.

WOW! Now, you are a relative of Napaleon Bonaparta. It is a pleasure to chat with you. :roll:

Quote:
Again you come in with the name-calling. You're just sounding desperate. My opinion is mine and you don't have to agree with it.

It is my decision if I am going to call you a moron, idiot, retard or other apropriate epithets for a scum like you. Your opinion is BS and I don't care about your menthal deseases.

Quote:
If I misspeak, by all means I would want to be corrected, but the name callign is getting a little tiring.
You have been corrected since you are trolling on this forum, but you were unable to get a hint. It looks like that you'll be our clown forever.
November 2, 2006 6:18:49 PM

So your method of dealing with someone who makes derogatory remarks is to come back with something even more derogitary and hurtful!

Nice logic!

Will you stop when you have managed to find his real-world address and subsequently letter bombed him?????

Name calling is fine, we need a bit witty banter to spice things up! :oops:  But telling someone to kill themself is way beyond the realms of common decency and fair play.

Baron's reference to Intel fanboys jumping off bridges and from high windows is not a personal attack or request. It's nothing more than his wet dream, we are all allowed to dream aren't we???

Baron is entitled to his opinion and yes often his posts are completely biased. So what? If we all shared the same opinion then we'd have nothing to DISCUSS! I like to read the inciteful posts on this forum. I find people's opinions about the the future of CPU's and the current battle therein very interesting and entertaining.
November 2, 2006 6:32:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
All hail the duopoly.

DO you ever give up? take a Turion X2 and a Core 2 mobile and open the same document (large or not) the biggest factor will be the HDD, not the CPU. Just opening an app is less HDD bound but it still is.

All modern CPUs will perform office tasks nearly the same. Even if you have 10 sec difference if you open the doc 3 times that will save you

What you don't understand is those seconds can leave the competator in the dust in decision making. Creativity and productivity goes down while waiting.

You obviously have time to wait. I'm glad you own AMD. Take your time. Take a nap. Snoose a little. :p  :lol: 
November 2, 2006 7:26:37 PM

Quote:
DO you ever give up?
I will never give up infront of BS.
Quote:
take a Turion X2 and a Core 2 mobile and open the same document (large or not) the biggest factor will be the HDD, not the CPU. Just opening an app is less HDD bound but it still is.

I have two notebooks HP Compaq nx6125 and HP Compaq nx8220. One is with Turion64 ML-34(Lancaster) 1.8GHz 1MB L2 and the other is with Pentium M 760(Dothan) 2.0GHz 2MB L2. The HDD is a factor when I am booting the apps I need, but then CPU and RAM are coming into play. I am waiting 10 sec to open an app, but than I am using the app for hours. For example if you have ver opened VS(like you are caliming that you have), you must know that CPU and RAM does really matters, especially when you have a lot of forms and when you have to switch between them. In such cases, CPU performance and cache capacity and RAM perfroamnce and RAM capacity are the most relevant performance factors and if you are not running out of RAM than the HD performance is irelevant.

Quote:
All modern CPUs will perform office tasks nearly the same.
This is BS. For example Adobe Acrobat is office app and there is a huge difference in performance between my Turion64 with 1GB of DDR-333 CL2.5 of shared(with VGA) RAM and my OC-ed Athlon64 3200+ @2.7 with my dual DDR-500 @450 CL2. The same case is for MS Word, especialy when I have a lot of MS Visio objects embedeed in my documents. The same is for MS Excel documents, especialy when using VB macros for processing sheet cells and drawing graphs.

Quote:
Even if you have 10 sec difference if you open the doc 3 times that will save you

WOW! Now, you are a relative of Napaleon Bonaparta. It is a pleasure to chat with you. :roll:

Quote:

It is my decision if I am going to call you a moron, idiot, retard or other apropriate epithets for a scum like you. Your opinion is BS and I don't care about your menthal deseases.

Quote:
You have been corrected since you are trolling on this forum, but you were unable to get a hint. It looks like that you'll be our clown forever.

Right, just give up, dude. You wouldn't talk this crap face to face so you sound desperate.
November 2, 2006 8:06:27 PM

Quote:
What you don't understand is those seconds can leave the competator in the dust in decision making. Creativity and productivity goes down while waiting.

You obviously have time to wait. I'm glad you own AMD. Take your time. Take a nap. Snoose a little.

I don't think so. How many average customers even know what a benchmark is? You don't know you're waiting unless you do the same thing on two different computers at the same EXACT time with everything the same except the processor.

I don't see that happening. I like AMD. The ywere cheap when I needed cheap and fast when I wanted fast. When they stop earning my money maybe I'll defect but as long as my 4400+ plays all the games I want and my Turion X2 runs my Music SW and presentations I'll be sticking with AMD.

even the OEMs are turning from Intel becuase of the Core 2/NetBust debacle. The latest analyst report says that Intel has STILL $4.4B in stock( but I could be JUST PURPOSELY SPREADING FUD) Supposedly Texas Instr is in the same boat.

I'm glad you like your system. I like mine and don't care if yours is faster. if I did I would have sprung for the water cooling or bought an FX60 rather than just a retail 4400+ that runs @ 2.3GHz.

Everyone CAN'T have the fastest computer or there would be no such thing. I could say the same thing about anyone who buys NetBust to save a few bucks.

I just hope people are happy with their purchase whatever it is. If I were a retailer I would sell more AMD because it's easier to differentiate products and there is no "LEAP AHEAD" between two families. But I would try to maintain a 50/50 mix as much as possible, excluding NetBust.

ALL HAIL THE DUOPOLY!!!!!!!
November 2, 2006 8:15:22 PM

Quote:
Right, just give up, dude. You wouldn't talk this crap face to face so you sound desperate.

Oh, the irony.....and I should be scared.....
November 2, 2006 8:40:18 PM

Quote:

Sorry for taking this further OT, but i can resist no longer.

This statement right here all but sums up your intelect. I've just recently started reading these forums again after a long hiatus, because of crap like this, posted by arrogant, self-imposed, trash such as yourself. I can only hope that this is because you think your post count can dictate your lack of respect for others, and be accepted, but not how you conduct yourself in the REAL world. If this IS the type of personality you command in day to day interactions, then i suspect you have a limited friend base, as i can't imagine anyone wanting to be belittled by your constant badgering and literally USELESS factoids and one liners.

I'd like to ask how old you are, but i'm afraid to know the answer. If you are young and immature, then i can somewhat understand your actions, but if you are old and immature ( i'm sure you can see the pattern? ie., the common denominator? ;immature), then there is simply no excuse.

Either way, why don't you go find a rock to dwell under (providing it isn't all ready your primary residence) and come out when you grow the F up.
By all counts, your complete lack of respect for others is absolutely appalling. I sure don't feel good about responding to one of your posts, as i feel i'm stooping to your level, but everyone just seems to go on, allowing you to continue this behavior. Maybe everyone already has you on there ignore list, which is where you'll be heading after i read your response most likely. Not that you would care, as i'm sure you can slough it off without a second thought.

And it doesn't really matter who or what you are responding to. It's irrelevant unless it's a personal attack, in which case it can be handled with class and constructive critisism, instead of a mindless counter attack.
If it seems like i'm singeling you out, it is because I AM! Try thinking before you post next time, and realize that posting insults in a forum such as this can affect people in a negative way. Is that your purpose? Come on! Show some goddamn respect. And you aren't the only one, as i'm sure others that pass by for a casual read, or are looking for some advice on some hardware etc., will simply pass this forum by seeing posts like this from people like you.

Why don't moderators ( does this forum not have any???????????????) intervene and deal with these sort of antics? Does it provide some sort of relevance to the overall theme of this forum? Not that i can see. Perhaps they will do something with this post though, as it is clearly OT, but i hope it drives the point home. How many new users do you see signing up looking for help? A few rotten tomatoes will spoil the entire basket.

Hope to hear from you soon.....

[edit]

And the above post further illustrates my point.....
!