Scanner recommendations?

Can someone help recommend a scanner? Basically I'm looking for the
following features -

* Looking to spend around $250
* Intend to scan paintings in sections and pieces together with software
* Flatbed - legal size (8.5 X 14) or larger
* Accurate color reproduction.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I use my digital camera for anything bigger than 8.5X14 and get better
results than putting togather several scans.

"Tam" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can someone help recommend a scanner? Basically I'm looking for the
> following features -
>
> * Looking to spend around $250
> * Intend to scan paintings in sections and pieces together with software
> * Flatbed - legal size (8.5 X 14) or larger
> * Accurate color reproduction.
>
> Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

David

That's an interesting point to use a digital camera.

However I'm still interested in getting a scanner. Which scanners are
recommended in the $250 price range? Or at least are there any brands /
models to avoid?