derek2006

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
Keep your system cool by humidifying it!
Moisture doesn't work well with electronics.
# General Features: # Built-in heater
Don't you want to keep your system cool?

Keep your system cool by humidifying it! This Just Cooler DR-100 system dehumidifier keeps the slots and pins on your motherboard clean! It's easy to install, just attach to a vacant slot on the motherboard and let the moisture begin!
Wow they are confused. I can't believe anyone would even look through that site to shop.

Dumbguy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2005
That's my normal shop. I was out cheating on newegg to see if I could find a dvd burner and 1G or more of PC3200 for around $150.

That's what I get for cheating...

UA_Iron

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2006
The idea is based off convection cooling. Convection is the energy transfer between a surface and a fluid moving over the surface.

By adding moisture to the air within the case you are effectively changing the thermal conductivity of the air. The energy expelled or dissipated through convection is given by q=hAs(Ts-Tinf).
q = total heat transfer rate
h = average convection coefficient
As = area of dissipating surface
Ts = temp of surface
Tinf = ambient temp

As h increases the energy expelled increases.

As your surface Area increases you will dissipate more heat - the theory around big ass heat sinks.

I think overall it's a waste of money and a silly idea. You should not be introducing moisture into an electrical system - and the effect on cooling should be negligible.

dean7

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Yeah... I wouldn't trust anything from a company that's obviously confused.

UA_Iron, You're a genius! Somebody get that man a cookie!

MarcusL

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
I don't get the logic...

Can someone explain this to me:

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=DR-100&cat=MBB

I wonder if they have a "spray paint your pilot light" tool as well...

Well, it spins at 35,000 RPM... That's GOT to be good... And, it's got a built-in heater to help cool your machine!

So, if it's dehumidifying the case, that means it's collecting water from the air. Where is this water going? Does it drip somewhere like an air conditioner?

Or, if it's humidifying the case, where is it getting the water?

I went to their company home page... They have lots of "innovative" products. lol

qwertycopter

Distinguished
May 30, 2006
Assuming this really is a humidifier, do they expect you to fill it with water every day?

Keeps your pins and slots clean? I think the added moisture would speed corrosion on component metals.

Cools your case? Humidifiers put out steam... water at or above 100 degrees.

Uh, and how about the fact that cases have exhaust fans and vents. But I suppose that could be a requirement to prevent the questions I posed above. But in that case.. how exactly does this product cool your case again?

And if it is a dehumidifier.. what is the point? Once again vents and fans will null the effect. Assuming a closed system, where does the waste water go? And.. low humidity breeds static.

derek2006

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
Lol 35,000rpm and only 18cfm I wounder what the dBa is.

Humidifiers put out steam... water at or above 100 degrees.
Actually your thinking of a vaporizer. A humidifier has like this big spungy thing where air can go threw. And as the air goes through tt picks up evaporated water. A vaporizer is something that heats up the water to like 100 C and turns it to steam which builds up pressure and blows out of some opening.

muffin

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2005
You don't water your computer? I like to keep mine well watered, and in a south facing window. I find if I turn it once in a while it also helps its symmetry. 20-20-20 and sunlight. That's the secret. Save the six bucks and just check the dampness with your hand.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
What exactly is spinning at 35000 rpm? If its the fan then why is it only pushing 18CFM of air? Is it a 6mm fan? It must put out an ear piercing whine at 90dB at that speed. And it has a "Built-in heater to heat up water mist". Why would I want the mist warmed up? So not only is having water on your computer good, but it should be warm water.

MxM

Distinguished
May 23, 2005
The idea is based off convection cooling. Convection is the energy transfer between a surface and a fluid moving over the surface.

By adding moisture to the air within the case you are effectively changing the thermal conductivity of the air. The energy expelled or dissipated through convection is given by q=hAs(Ts-Tinf).
q = total heat transfer rate
h = average convection coefficient
As = area of dissipating surface
Ts = temp of surface
Tinf = ambient temp

As h increases the energy expelled increases.

As your surface Area increases you will dissipate more heat - the theory around big ass heat sinks.

I think overall it's a waste of money and a silly idea. You should not be introducing moisture into an electrical system - and the effect on cooling should be negligible.

Are you sure that you can noticeably modify h by humidity?

Another perk is
Built-in heater to heat up water mist

So you actually adding heat to the system. Hmm.

SEALBoy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Well, it spins at 35,000 RPM... That's GOT to be good... And, it's got a built-in heater to help cool your machine!

35000 rpm... damn, you can almost purify Uranium at those speeds.

I don't get how it keeps your PC "clean". You'll always have dust in your PC unless that thing can create a vacuum (at 35K rpm, who knows?), and if that thing keeps it clean by humidifying the air enough that the water condenses and clings to the motherboard and prevents the dust from settling in... well yea that would work, but, unfortunately, nothing else will.

I'm pretty sure it is in fact a DEhumidifier, but i think that should increase the dust in your case since the water vapor in the air traps less dust.

qwertycopter

Distinguished
May 30, 2006
LMFAO nice Engrish :lol:

Make your computer leave the humid environment permanently and allowing it to operate under the optimum conditions. Once the computer produces internal moisture, it is first completely absorbed by moisture-absorbant particles located in the Dehumidifier. Then , dried by internal heater and drain both humidity & temperture out rapidly while computer power on.
http://www.justcooler.com.tw/english/products/other/dr-100/dr-100.htm

SEALBoy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
That thing rivals the 8800GTX in size. Noise too, probably. If it indeed spins at 35000 RPM (which I SERIOUSLY SERIOUSLY doubt), that thing should make enough noise to shatter the windows of your house, your neighbors' houses, and then some.

TRENDING THREADS