Cant see one of my PC's on my network

suds

Distinguished
May 9, 2004
Archived from groups: (More info?)

Here is the layout.
One pc and one laptop. Pc has windows 98 and laptop has windows xp home. I
have a linksys wireless router and both computers can get on the internet
fine. The desktop pc can see the laptop but the laptop can not see the PC. I
have file sharing and everything I can think of turned on. I have disabled
firewalls (norton and XP) but i still can t see my PC desktop from the
Laptop. Thanks in advance. Please email any ideas you may have at
stevehudson@rogers.com

vishnuvarthans

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
Hi !!

U told that from the first computer you are able to see the second computer whereas not from this to that..Unable to see it in the network neighbourhood...Are you able to ping the computer's IP which is not listed in Network.IF yes then add to the network places manually...