Paperport 9

Hi guys, I have been using paperport 9 for scanning old magazine articles
and keeping the garbage man busy lifting heavy recycable bags. This is the
best program I have ever seen for doing a job like this. The only problem I
have is that it seems like it can only handle files that are in the
paperport folder. I have a lot more room on my secondary drive and would
like to move my information files to that drive. Is there something in the
program that I have missed?

Thanks
Eric
3 answers Last reply
More about paperport

    "Eric J. Comeau" <ejcomeau@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > Hi guys, I have been using paperport 9 for scanning old magazine
    > articles and keeping the garbage man busy lifting heavy recycable
    > bags. This is the best program I have ever seen for doing a job
    > like this. The only problem I have is that it seems like it can
    > only handle files that are in the paperport folder. I have a lot
    > more room on my secondary drive and would like to move my
    > information files to that drive. Is there something in the program
    > that I have missed?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Eric

    As long as you have set up PaperPort to see the extra drive (I have
    PaperPort set up to see my entire "c" drive and CD Rom Drive etc) you
    can simply drag and drop the files to where you want them. Also in the
    help section it states you can also simply open any drive (windows
    explorer) and drag and drop them to that drive, folder or other media.

    I hope that helped?

    Elector

    In article <IRKJd.227$MX2.224@twister.nyroc.rr.com>, elector@my-deja.com
    says...

    >As long as you have set up PaperPort to see the extra drive (I have
    >PaperPort set up to see my entire "c" drive and CD Rom Drive etc) you
    >can simply drag and drop the files to where you want them. Also in the
    >help section it states you can also simply open any drive (windows
    >explorer) and drag and drop them to that drive, folder or other media.

    How to do that may not be real clear however. In version 10, my thinking
    is that it is menu Tools - Folder Manager. Then the Add button there
    browses the disk to add any folder or any level (like C:\ or D:\ )

    These added folders appear then in the menu View - Folders.

    The last folder accessed there appears to remain as the default opened
    next time you open the program, until you select something else.

    --
    Wayne
    http://www.scantips.com "A few scanning tips"

    "Wayne Fulton" <nospam@invalid.com> wrote in message
    > In article <IRKJd.227$MX2.224@twister.nyroc.rr.com>,
    > elector@my-deja.com
    > says...
    >>
    >>As long as you have set up PaperPort to see the extra drive (I have
    >>PaperPort set up to see my entire "c" drive and CD Rom Drive etc)
    >>you
    >>can simply drag and drop the files to where you want them. Also in
    >>the
    >>help section it states you can also simply open any drive (windows
    >>explorer) and drag and drop them to that drive, folder or other
    >>media.
    >

    > How to do that may not be real clear however. In version 10, my
    > thinking
    > is that it is menu Tools - Folder Manager. Then the Add button
    > there
    > browses the disk to add any folder or any level (like C:\ or D:\ )
    >
    > These added folders appear then in the menu View - Folders.
    >
    > The last folder accessed there appears to remain as the default
    > opened
    > next time you open the program, until you select something else.
    >
    > --
    > Wayne
    > http://www.scantips.com "A few scanning tips"

    Sorry Wayne. I knew I forgot something :-)
    But you are correct that is the proper way to add the needed drives.

    Elector

Scanners Peripherals