papi4baby

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2006
Well i got the computer to boot up. Have not had a chance to install windows, but my cpu fan is doing like 650 rpm. It is the Thermaltake Blue Orb II, the box says it should be doing like 1700rpm. I went into the bios option to change the cpu fan control to legacy, and then under to voltage, but now i cannot figure out how to add more voltage to the cpu fan to increased it's speed? Help bios F5.

sruane

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
Its turning that slowly because it doesn't need to turn faster. Don't worry about it. When your processor heats up, the fan will spin faster.

You should undo the changes you made to the settings in the BIOS

gloomis

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
hello i have the same motherboard as you but i am using thermaltake typhoon cooler in bios you should set it to disable, fan will run at factory specs i have tried all settings this is the 1 that works

papi4baby

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2006
Srune- Well the reason i asked is cause i did not know it would work like that with a 3 pin CPU cooler, i thought a 4 pin setup was nessesary for the fan to have the auto speed adjust.

Gloomis- What do you mean dissable, just turn it off. I think i did, but the fan speed did not change. Now once i change it do i have to save and reboot for the changes to take place and the fan spin up??? Cause i did not do that. I just went thruh the different Fan control/speed settings and nothing happen.

Thanks in advance.

gloomis

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
gday go into bios than into PC HEALTH STATUS on the bottom you will see SMART FAN CONTROL METHOD choose DISABLE than underneath this it says SMART FAN CONTROL this should turn from a white to blue colour press f10 then enter .pc will reboot saving changes and than the fan should spin at normal rpm set by thermaltake and also you my notice that the fan will not start spinning as soon as you turn pc on only once it posts this is normal

sruane

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
Srune- Well the reason i asked is cause i did not know it would work like that with a 3 pin CPU cooler, i thought a 4 pin setup was nessesary for the fan to have the auto speed adjust.

Gloomis- What do you mean dissable, just turn it off. I think i did, but the fan speed did not change. Now once i change it do i have to save and reboot for the changes to take place and the fan spin up??? Cause i did not do that. I just went thruh the different Fan control/speed settings and nothing happen.

Thanks in advance.

4 pins is PWM control. 3 pins is voltage control.

papi4baby

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2006
gday go into bios than into PC HEALTH STATUS on the bottom you will see SMART FAN CONTROL METHOD choose DISABLE than underneath this it says SMART FAN CONTROL this should turn from a white to blue colour press f10 then enter .pc will reboot saving changes and than the fan should spin at normal rpm set by thermaltake and also you my notice that the fan will not start spinning as soon as you turn pc on only once it posts this is normal

Thanks i'll try that tonight. But if it does increased with temp as it is right now, i will probably live it like that, since i want my pc to be as quiet as possible.

papi4baby

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2006
Well that did worked like advertised, but i think i will leave it auto for noise pourpose. Thanks to everyone for your help.