Which scanner Microtek or Epson

Lou

I need a new multi-purpose scanner. I have a few boxes of slides, and quite
a few negatives to scan, but I also need to replace my antique Microtek
scanner, and I can only afford to buy one multi-purpose scanner.

I am wondering about the quality difference between the Microtek i700 Office
Edition (love that ability to do legal size scans) or the Epson 4870
scanner. For my regular scanning needs, I scan documents and pictures, plus
I really need to be able to use the scanner for slides and negatives.

Can anyone advise me about these scanners?

Thanks

I have the Microtek 5900 and the Epson 2450. Love them both.
If I need higher quality I go for the KodakProPhotoCD for scans at a local
service bureau that I trust.
Yours,
Tom
"Lou" <nospam@home> wrote in message news:41f8fb21$1_2@127.0.0.1...
> I need a new multi-purpose scanner. I have a few boxes of slides, and
quite
> a few negatives to scan, but I also need to replace my antique Microtek
> scanner, and I can only afford to buy one multi-purpose scanner.
>
> I am wondering about the quality difference between the Microtek i700
Office
> Edition (love that ability to do legal size scans) or the Epson 4870
> scanner. For my regular scanning needs, I scan documents and pictures,
plus
> I really need to be able to use the scanner for slides and negatives.
>
> Can anyone advise me about these scanners?
>
> Thanks

Lou

After I posted this I finally found a review on the Microtek scanner and
found information on the Canon 9950F, which I didn't even know existed. The
review said the Microtek was really slow.

Thanks for your reply.