need help psu problem ocz gamestream600w

Oversight

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2006
I

I've just buyied a OCZ 600 watts game stream psu

I connected everything and it seems to be ok

but when I push power buton my psu fan and my gpu fan are turning a turn of two and after nothing.... the psu fan leds are only flashing fraction of a second My computer doesn't start

I think it is the psu... but it is new..
I also tryied to connect only the psu to board with no more devices connected ( cd soud c video )

Here's my rig

(asus m2n-2
athlon x2 4200
corsair 6400c4 2x 1gb 800mhz
ati radeon x1900xt
3x seagate 320 sata hd
OCZ game stream psu)

thank you

Have you tried the opposite, connecting all your hdd / dvd / cd drives / fans again and disconnect the mobo ATX 24-pin / CPU 4-pin connectors then "jump start" the unit by simulating the "power_on" motherboard signal by shunting the "PS_ON" green wire to ground via a paper clip or something - then plugging the unit in and powering the rear switch on... Here is an example of the atx jumper:

2psfig7small.jpg

You *have* to have at least one hdd or cd/dvd drive connected to act as a "pull-up" load to power the unit on. The drives should spin up and the cd tray should be ejectable and it should stay on. If you have a voltmeter you can test voltages.

If it works the unit is probably ok and I would troubleshoot your board / cpu / gpu / memory at this point. Maybe try a cmos clear, and bare-bones config like cpu / mem / video / keyboard / power-on header only can help isolate the problem.

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Do you have a voltmeter? Start checking some of the molex connectors to see if there is any voltage flowing through... it might be a faulty PSU, happens at times. Even OCZ's product quality isin't 100%...

But good choice on PSU nonetheless.