Heidelberg Linoscan 1450 sparepart and driver for Windows?

I acquired a new condition Scanner
Heidelberg model Linoscan 1450/ ELS3000
with no documentation or drivers. Should have checked first...

Could someone help me to an operating manual? best in electronic form by
email or allow me to photocopy it?

There is a connector on the lid and one on the base as well. I think a cable
should connect both parts however the cable is missing.

I would appreciate very much is someone could point me to a source of a
replacement cable or a wiring description of the cable and the windows
driver software.

Thanks for any help. Much appreciated.

Patrick

"Patrick" <8790m28news@belgacom.net> wrote in message
> I acquired a new condition Scanner
> Heidelberg model Linoscan 1450/ ELS3000
> with no documentation or drivers. Should have checked first...
>
> Could someone help me to an operating manual? best in electronic form by
> email or allow me to photocopy it?
>
> There is a connector on the lid and one on the base as well. I think a
cable
> should connect both parts however the cable is missing.
>
> I would appreciate very much is someone could point me to a source of a
> replacement cable or a wiring description of the cable and the windows
> driver software.
>
> Thanks for any help. Much appreciated.
>
> Patrick

After much searching on Google, I have come to the conclusion that you have
a Door Stop.
The scanner is too old and parts and software is not available anymore.
The following is what I found.

The scanner uses Firewire to connect to the computer. Which means you must
have a Firewire card in your computer.

Info and Software here.
http://www.silverfast.com/product/Heidelberg/167/en.html

If you are in North America.
http://americanprinter.com/mag/printing_linoscan_launched_north/

Specifications:
http://www.epinions.com/Heidelberg_CPS_Linoscan_1450_1200X2400dpi_PC__Scanners_8519706/display_~full_specs

More info.
http://www.digitus.com/1400__1450.htm

Software: LinoColor Elite (Mac), Newcolor 4000 (Windows) (Scannen); Scanopen
LS, Cumulus LE, Fontexplorer, ICC-Profile; OCR-Software

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

I have it working using silverfast, what a fine scanner.
The only thing I need is the cable between the transparancy scanning lid and
the base unit.
Even only the connection diagram of the cable would be of great help, I can
make the cable myself.
Here is how the helping hand can start:
pin 1 of the DB25 connector of the connector to the transparancy unit is
connected to pin xx of the connector to the base unit
pin 2 of the DB25... etc..
There are 25pins to be defined.
You could use a simple ohmmeter to check. or a battery, a lamp and 2 test
wires.
Please advise if you want to help.
Thanks and best regards,

Patrick