New Groundbreaking TV Tuner Cards

bassprophet

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2006
I read a recent article that said a new generation of tuner cards will make all present cards obsolete.does anyone know the specifics and maybe when this"TVcard Beastie" will rear it's head? Cause if it's within 6 months,why buy?Why not just wait??Thanx!

aditya

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004
link please

don't ever talk about an article without giving a link to it or say that u culd not find it for some reason

burn-e86

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
are you thinking of digital TV cards compared to analog ones?
though they came out a while back i.e. a few years ago.
or PCI-E TV cards rather then PCI ones? seriously need a bit more help with this

bassprophet

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2006
listen genius-I'm new to this ,so keep your strepticoccus infected opinions to yourself.If i can't ask geniuses like you & your buds,I sure as Hades ain't gonna ask the undertrained,underinformed ignoratti at the local tech stores a question they can't possibly fathom.As my Brooklyn friends would say"I got you fishin' pole right here!

bassprophet

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2006
I believe PCI for laptop-but really...you guys are supposed to be the best!!!sorry if I didn't give a linc,I'll try'n find the article and list one,thanx!

burn-e86

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
listen genius-I'm new to this ,so keep your strepticoccus infected opinions to yourself.If i can't ask geniuses like you & your buds,I sure as Hades ain't gonna ask the undertrained,underinformed ignoratti at the local tech stores a question they can't possibly fathom.As my Brooklyn friends would say"I got you fishin' pole right here!
wow, thats really nice, you give the flakest information possible and you chew people out.
also PCI for laptop isnt likely cause PCI laptop form doesnt have any avalible outputs or inputs as its only internal.

pshrk

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
so keep your strepticoccus infected opinions to yourself.

Thats definitely a new one, at least its creative... :? If your new and didn't know to post a link thats fine, but responding to criticism in that manner isn't going to gain you anyones respect or help. No biggie, you'll know next time! :wink:

I am always interested in new gadgets for my MythTV box, if you have any more info post it and we will be happy to discuss it.