beginner question re compeye simplex

My ex has given me her old scanner, it is a Compeye Simplex DM166M
flatbed scanner. She also gave me the CD of imaging software which I
believe was Ulead Photo Express (v2.0??) TWAIN software. But I lost the
CD in a house clearance - she said "not to worry, you can download it
off the net". But I don't think you can, without paying forty dollars!

So I tried downloading and running the driver, anyway
(http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=136511) and
using Microsoft Photo Editor as the imaging software, but that can't
detect the scanner despite running the driver.

Does anyone have a solution they can suggest, to get me scanning? :eek:(

--
Frankymole

"Frankymole" <Frank@Ask for it on the group.com> wrote in message
> My ex has given me her old scanner, it is a Compeye Simplex DM166M
> flatbed scanner. She also gave me the CD of imaging software which I
> believe was Ulead Photo Express (v2.0??) TWAIN software. But I lost the
> CD in a house clearance - she said "not to worry, you can download it
> off the net". But I don't think you can, without paying forty dollars!
>
> So I tried downloading and running the driver, anyway
> (http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=136511) and
> using Microsoft Photo Editor as the imaging software, but that can't
> detect the scanner despite running the driver.
>
> Does anyone have a solution they can suggest, to get me scanning? :eek:(
>
> --
> Frankymole

Is the scanner a SCSI model? Is your OS Windows XP or Windows 2000?
If the answer to both questions is yes.
Then install ASPI from Adaptec. Windows XP does not include ASPI.

http://www.adaptec.com

Click Support then SCSI Software.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

"CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message
> "Frankymole" <Frank@Ask for it on the group.com> wrote in message
> > My ex has given me her old scanner, it is a Compeye Simplex DM166M
> > flatbed scanner. She also gave me the CD of imaging software which
> > believe was Ulead Photo Express (v2.0??) TWAIN software. But I lost
the
> > CD in a house clearance - she said "not to worry, you can download
it
> > off the net". But I don't think you can, without paying forty
dollars!

> > So I tried downloading and running the driver, anyway
> > (http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=136511)
and
> > using Microsoft Photo Editor as the imaging software, but that can't
> > detect the scanner despite running the driver.
> >
> > Does anyone have a solution they can suggest, to get me scanning?
:eek:(

> > --
> > Frankymole
> >

> Is the scanner a SCSI model? Is your OS Windows XP or Windows 2000?
> If the answer to both questions is yes.
> Then install ASPI from Adaptec. Windows XP does not include ASPI.
>
> http://www.adaptec.com
>
> Click Support then SCSI Software.

Windows 98SE, unfortunately.

I don't know about SCSI. It's a normal printer serial port connection
if that's what you mean (15-pin connector or whatever it is)!
Frankymole

TRENDING THREADS