Second Take: Best Games Never Published

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
I don’t know if any of you are Thief fans but I never expected to see another Thief game after Thief 3 but it appears that Thief 4 is on the cards. There was an advert on the Edios Canadian website asking for programmers to work for Eidos on a 2nd AAA title starting with the letter ‘T’ .

hannibal

Distinguished
It's so good to be bad! Dungeon keeper 3, is a game that reserves resurrection!
The franchice is so great, but Dungenkeepers 1 and 2 didn't quite catch the best part of that idea. They should have been much meaner. More hc-torturing, real bad ass attitude, and voila we could have Dungeon keeper 3.

Chazwuzzer

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
What the heck IS the deal with Duke Nukem anyhow? I mean, is there a gypsy curse on the game or what?

I also hope that Secret of Vulcan Fury is somehow revived. You could really create a slick-looking game using the original series' design elements.

@JeanLuc

Thief 4? Hmmmm. I think the Thief games are true classics. I wonder what they plan to do story-wise? Will we have a protagonist other than Garrett?

jimbobhickville

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2006
Ascendancy II

Although still officially "in development", Logic Factory's website hasn't had any new details in at least 5 years. The first game was so awesome, and the new one sounded great.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Robotech: Crystal Dreams. It was planned for the N64 and was late in development, but Gametek went bankrupt. The concept sounded awesome, basically anyone's dream whoever enjoyed Robotech, especially since it focused on the SDF-1 storyline. I was really looking forward to that.

Only two Star Trek games I ever played that I enjoyed were the Interplay adventure games: Star Trek 25th Anniversary and Star Trek Judgment Rites. They were excellent games and felt like you were a part of a genuine episode. Star Trek works best as an adventure game, and I prefer the original show and cast a lot more to any of the spin-offs.

creatorsid

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2008
Conquest 2: The Vyrium Uprising - Conquest: Frontier Wars = Best 2D 3D space RTS (maybe with a Battlestar Galactica mod)
Star Trek: Armada 3 - on a Sins of a Solar Empire type engine and with out 3/4 of the screen covered in nebula (nebuli?)
Total Annihilation 2 - Supreme Commander's fun but just too big sometimes and i don't like the on screen tools look. Give me A Total Annihilation with 2004 graphics
Star Wars: Empire at War - The Clone Wars could be cool for once. (land battles would still suck)
Dungeon keeper 3 - Is it still good to be bad?
MechCommander 3 - you kill it you get it's stuff next game.
Earth 2170 - 2160 was fun.Tryed 2140 and 2150 graphics sucked.
Warcraft 4 - he-he-he like they'd risk going near the $WOW$ story.
Crusader: No Remorse 2

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002

I to think the Theif games are classics, real PC game classics. I know it’s a tired cliché but they just don’t make games like Thief any more, Assassins Creed made some kind of effort but that was more like Splinter Cell meets the 14th century.

Ah but they did make a Wing Commander mod from it!