PaperPort -> PDF

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners,comp.text.pdf (More info?)

Hi All,

I have Visioneer OneTouch 8700 USB Scanner
with PaperPort Deluxe 7.0 (7.02.01.0002 Deluxe)
software.
When I try to Export any scanned item to PDF
I get the information:
PaperPort PDF Filter Problem
PDF Writer is not installed on this system.

What can I do to be able to export to PDF file
except buying the entire Adobe Acrobat?

I heard that any other scanners are sold with software
which let save files in PDF format without full Acrobat.
Is there such software (freeware) for my scanner which
I could use instead of the PaperPort to save files in PDF?

Regards
Ewa
7 answers Last reply
More about paperport

    On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 14:55:32 +0100, "Ewa" <ewa@ewa.com.pl> wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >
    >I have Visioneer OneTouch 8700 USB Scanner
    >with PaperPort Deluxe 7.0 (7.02.01.0002 Deluxe)
    >software.
    >When I try to Export any scanned item to PDF
    >I get the information:
    > PaperPort PDF Filter Problem
    > PDF Writer is not installed on this system.
    >
    >What can I do to be able to export to PDF file
    >except buying the entire Adobe Acrobat?
    >
    >I heard that any other scanners are sold with software
    >which let save files in PDF format without full Acrobat.
    >Is there such software (freeware) for my scanner which
    >I could use instead of the PaperPort to save files in PDF?
    >
    >Regards
    >Ewa

    Other than buying Acrobat at vast expense, you can either upgrade to
    PaperPort 9, which comes with built-in PDF support, or you can buy a
    third party PDF creator such as PDFFactory. There are also some
    freeware PDF bulders out there. A quick Google will reveal all.

    MK

    OpenOffice definitely creates PDFs from DOCs, don't know about jpg's.
    <mgfv43@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 14:55:32 +0100, "Ewa" <ewa@ewa.com.pl> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi All,
    > >
    > >I have Visioneer OneTouch 8700 USB Scanner
    > >with PaperPort Deluxe 7.0 (7.02.01.0002 Deluxe)
    > >software.
    > >When I try to Export any scanned item to PDF
    > >I get the information:
    > > PaperPort PDF Filter Problem
    > > PDF Writer is not installed on this system.
    > >
    > >What can I do to be able to export to PDF file
    > >except buying the entire Adobe Acrobat?
    > >
    > >I heard that any other scanners are sold with software
    > >which let save files in PDF format without full Acrobat.
    > >Is there such software (freeware) for my scanner which
    > >I could use instead of the PaperPort to save files in PDF?
    > >
    > >Regards
    > >Ewa
    >

    > Other than buying Acrobat at vast expense, you can either upgrade to
    > PaperPort 9, which comes with built-in PDF support, or you can buy a
    > third party PDF creator such as PDFFactory. There are also some
    > freeware PDF bulders out there. A quick Google will reveal all.
    >
    > MK

  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners,comp.text.pdf (More info?)

    Jesli instalowalas PaperPort w wersji pl to byc moze tu jest problem.
    Podobny blad mialem z Acrobatem 6.0 Prof. Pomogla instalacja w wersji U.K.
    Pozdrawiam
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners,comp.text.pdf (More info?)

    Nie wszyscie w usenet'e rozumia po polsku.

    Even if you both are Polish (or whatever nationality would be), it's a
    normal practice to write in the language of the group. The reason is not
    only a simple politeness, but because the case can be interesting to oher
    people too, at least in general case.

    "Teo C" <cieplo@friko3.onet.pl> wrote in message
    > Jesli instalowalas PaperPort w wersji pl to byc moze tu jest problem.
    > Podobny blad mialem z Acrobatem 6.0 Prof. Pomogla instalacja w wersji
    U.K.
    > Pozdrawiam

  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners,comp.text.pdf (More info?)

    Hi,

    I'd like to thank all of you who replied to my request.

    > There are also some freeware PDF bulders out there.
    I've downloaded the PrimoPDF. It functions as a printer.

    > Even if you both are Polish (or whatever nationality would be), it's a
    > normal practice to write in the language of the group. The reason is not
    > only a simple politeness, but because the case can be interesting to oher
    > people too, at least in general case.
    I think TeoC unswered in Polish because he referred to Polish version
    of PaperPort so he probably thought that it wasn't interested to the others.
    But I quite agree with you that we should write in the language of the group.

    > OpenOffice definitely creates PDFs from DOCs
    I've just checked it. It also creates PDF from XLS and PPT.
    Thanks for reminding me of the OpenOffice.

    Regards
    Ewa
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 13:55:46 +0100, "Ewa" <ewa@ewa.com.pl> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'd like to thank all of you who replied to my request.
    >
    >> There are also some freeware PDF bulders out there.
    >I've downloaded the PrimoPDF. It functions as a printer.

    -----End Quoted (and cut) Message-----

    That's right. So does Acrobat.

    It is how PDF creators work.

    You print to them and get a PDF file at the other end.

    MK
  7. Hi All .
    Sorry I know this is a very old Post !!
    I have a Visoneer OneTouch 6600 USB Scanner .
    And am running (Scansoft) PaperPort 6.5
    I too have the Problem of not been able to "Save as" PDF - getting the Message " PDF Writer is not installed on this system."
    HOWEVER - i did find a work around..

    Download and install PDF995 .. on your Computer
    Than in PaperPORT .. just go File - Print - and select PDF995 as your Printer
    this will create a PDF File !!
    I know its a bit long winded but it works ..

Scanners PDF Peripherals