PaperPort -> PDF

ewa

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners,comp.text.pdf (More info?)

Hi All,

I have Visioneer OneTouch 8700 USB Scanner
with PaperPort Deluxe 7.0 (7.02.01.0002 Deluxe)
software.
When I try to Export any scanned item to PDF
I get the information:
PaperPort PDF Filter Problem
PDF Writer is not installed on this system.

What can I do to be able to export to PDF file
except buying the entire Adobe Acrobat?

I heard that any other scanners are sold with software
which let save files in PDF format without full Acrobat.
Is there such software (freeware) for my scanner which
I could use instead of the PaperPort to save files in PDF?

Regards
Ewa

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 14:55:32 +0100, "Ewa" <ewa@ewa.com.pl> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I have Visioneer OneTouch 8700 USB Scanner
>with PaperPort Deluxe 7.0 (7.02.01.0002 Deluxe)
>software.
>When I try to Export any scanned item to PDF
>I get the information:
> PaperPort PDF Filter Problem
> PDF Writer is not installed on this system.
>
>What can I do to be able to export to PDF file
>except buying the entire Adobe Acrobat?
>
>I heard that any other scanners are sold with software
>which let save files in PDF format without full Acrobat.
>Is there such software (freeware) for my scanner which
>I could use instead of the PaperPort to save files in PDF?
>
>Regards
>Ewa

Other than buying Acrobat at vast expense, you can either upgrade to
PaperPort 9, which comes with built-in PDF support, or you can buy a
third party PDF creator such as PDFFactory. There are also some
freeware PDF bulders out there. A quick Google will reveal all.

MK

OpenOffice definitely creates PDFs from DOCs, don't know about jpg's.
<mgfv43@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 14:55:32 +0100, "Ewa" <ewa@ewa.com.pl> wrote:
>
> >Hi All,
> >
> >I have Visioneer OneTouch 8700 USB Scanner
> >with PaperPort Deluxe 7.0 (7.02.01.0002 Deluxe)
> >software.
> >When I try to Export any scanned item to PDF
> >I get the information:
> > PaperPort PDF Filter Problem
> > PDF Writer is not installed on this system.
> >
> >What can I do to be able to export to PDF file
> >except buying the entire Adobe Acrobat?
> >
> >I heard that any other scanners are sold with software
> >which let save files in PDF format without full Acrobat.
> >Is there such software (freeware) for my scanner which
> >I could use instead of the PaperPort to save files in PDF?
> >
> >Regards
> >Ewa
>

> Other than buying Acrobat at vast expense, you can either upgrade to
> PaperPort 9, which comes with built-in PDF support, or you can buy a
> third party PDF creator such as PDFFactory. There are also some
> freeware PDF bulders out there. A quick Google will reveal all.
>
> MK

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners,comp.text.pdf (More info?)

Jesli instalowalas PaperPort w wersji pl to byc moze tu jest problem.
Podobny blad mialem z Acrobatem 6.0 Prof. Pomogla instalacja w wersji U.K.
Pozdrawiam

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners,comp.text.pdf (More info?)

Nie wszyscie w usenet'e rozumia po polsku.

Even if you both are Polish (or whatever nationality would be), it's a
normal practice to write in the language of the group. The reason is not
only a simple politeness, but because the case can be interesting to oher
people too, at least in general case.

"Teo C" <cieplo@friko3.onet.pl> wrote in message
> Jesli instalowalas PaperPort w wersji pl to byc moze tu jest problem.
> Podobny blad mialem z Acrobatem 6.0 Prof. Pomogla instalacja w wersji
U.K.
> Pozdrawiam

ewa

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners,comp.text.pdf (More info?)

Hi,

I'd like to thank all of you who replied to my request.

> There are also some freeware PDF bulders out there.
I've downloaded the PrimoPDF. It functions as a printer.

> Even if you both are Polish (or whatever nationality would be), it's a
> normal practice to write in the language of the group. The reason is not
> only a simple politeness, but because the case can be interesting to oher
> people too, at least in general case.
I think TeoC unswered in Polish because he referred to Polish version
of PaperPort so he probably thought that it wasn't interested to the others.
But I quite agree with you that we should write in the language of the group.

> OpenOffice definitely creates PDFs from DOCs
I've just checked it. It also creates PDF from XLS and PPT.
Thanks for reminding me of the OpenOffice.

Regards
Ewa

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 13:55:46 +0100, "Ewa" <ewa@ewa.com.pl> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'd like to thank all of you who replied to my request.
>
>> There are also some freeware PDF bulders out there.
>I've downloaded the PrimoPDF. It functions as a printer.

-----End Quoted (and cut) Message-----

That's right. So does Acrobat.

It is how PDF creators work.

You print to them and get a PDF file at the other end.

MK

Peter Donoghue

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
Hi All .
Sorry I know this is a very old Post !!
I have a Visoneer OneTouch 6600 USB Scanner .
And am running (Scansoft) PaperPort 6.5
I too have the Problem of not been able to "Save as" PDF - getting the Message " PDF Writer is not installed on this system."
HOWEVER - i did find a work around..

Download and install PDF995 .. on your Computer
Than in PaperPORT .. just go File - Print - and select PDF995 as your Printer
this will create a PDF File !!
I know its a bit long winded but it works ..

TRENDING THREADS