Problem clearing history

I cant delete the history in internet options.

i have xp windows.

it used to work but last few days not working
it will work if i delete individually though thats a huge pain.

any suggestions though ive tried not ticking autocomplete as was suggested.

thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about problem clearing history

    Jean download an application called CleanCache from www.buttuglysoftware.com
    You will need .NET framework to be installed on your pc before it will work
    so if it .NET framework isn't already installed download it from the windows
    update site (approx 23MB). Once you install Cleancache run the application
    click the Internet explorer tab and put a tick in the box of everything you
    want it to clear - including the index.dat files. Next click the Windows tab
    and do the same with that. Finally click the 'run complete cleanup button'
    to start the clean up.
    If you want to know more about CleanCache check out the review on my web
    site http://freespace.virgin.net/john.freelanceit/index.htm

    Click the Review button and then select CleanCache from the review menu.
    There are other application that do a similar job but I've found CleanCache
    the best so far - and, most importantly it's free.

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert
    "jean" <jean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I cant delete the history in internet options.
    >
    > i have xp windows.
    >
    > it used to work but last few days not working
    > it will work if i delete individually though thats a huge pain.
    >
    > any suggestions though ive tried not ticking autocomplete as was
    > suggested.
    >
    > thanks

    thanks john;

    wel, when huby came home from work he tried his account on our pc and it
    worked for him, but stil not my account.
    When i came to my account this morning it had cleared, (weird) but since- i
    have been using again -i tried again and it wont work again.

    i show your suggestion to huby as i dont no much about this stuff. and
    scared to make it worse. i didnt want hubu to see my history in case he
    spotted xmas pressies things.

    ta again jean.

    "John Barnett MVP" wrote:

    > Jean download an application called CleanCache from www.buttuglysoftware.com
    > You will need .NET framework to be installed on your pc before it will work
    > so if it .NET framework isn't already installed download it from the windows
    > update site (approx 23MB). Once you install Cleancache run the application
    > click the Internet explorer tab and put a tick in the box of everything you
    > want it to clear - including the index.dat files. Next click the Windows tab
    > and do the same with that. Finally click the 'run complete cleanup button'
    > to start the clean up.
    > If you want to know more about CleanCache check out the review on my web
    > site http://freespace.virgin.net/john.freelanceit/index.htm
    >
    > Click the Review button and then select CleanCache from the review menu.
    > There are other application that do a similar job but I've found CleanCache
    > the best so far - and, most importantly it's free.
    >
    > --
    > John Barnett MVP
    > Associate Expert
    > http://freespace.virgin.net/john.freelanceit/index.htm
    > "jean" <jean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I cant delete the history in internet options.
    > >
    > > i have xp windows.
    > >
    > > it used to work but last few days not working
    > > it will work if i delete individually though thats a huge pain.
    > >
    > > any suggestions though ive tried not ticking autocomplete as was
    > > suggested.
    > >
    > > thanks

Microsoft Windows XP