Sign in with
Your question

need a full tower, great cooling case, any suggestions?

Last response: in Components
November 2, 2006 10:37:36 PM

i am building a pc and i havea c2d 6600 and i am looking to overclock .... i need something big and tat has great cooling...

i need room to fit a big heatsink in it also?

any suggestions
November 2, 2006 11:24:22 PM

Cooler Master Centurion 5

I have that case and it has great air flow. I do not know how big of heatskin you are looking at but I have a Zalman 7700Cu on my CPU.
Related resources
November 2, 2006 11:41:16 PM

thermaltake shark is good and i have the coolermaster centurion 5
but it is a midtower.
November 2, 2006 11:51:15 PM

Silverstone is a bit bland looking IMO. Antec Nine Hundred is my #1 case right now. Good value, and it comes with a 200mm fan! :o 
November 3, 2006 12:00:54 AM

Ultra Aluminus
November 3, 2006 12:29:21 AM

Go with the Silverstone.
TT Armor deserves an honorable mention, as does the CMStacker.
November 3, 2006 1:09:48 AM

Quote:
i am building a pc and i havea c2d 6600 and i am looking to overclock .... i need something big and tat has great cooling...

i need room to fit a big heatsink in it also?

any suggestions

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681...

this case will handle overclocking really well

Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
a b K Overclocking
November 3, 2006 1:19:42 AM

Quote:
BEST CASE EVAR! I'm sorry I couldn't resist doing it again

Silverstone TJ09

TJ09 FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im waiting for price to settle a bit ~250 maybe?
November 3, 2006 10:33:29 AM

The big Gigabyte all aluminum case is great. Super quiet and no flimsy plastic door. Heavy/thick aluminum door. Great cooling and lots of room!
November 3, 2006 12:08:18 PM

One thing I've realized after spending days in this forum... case suggestions threads are usually pointless since you have fanactics of every kind of case. It's like an AMD/Intel fanboy war except its with 13 different sides instead of 2 (but on a less intense level).

Cases are usually a matter of opinion most times, since a lot of people base cases off looks. Yes, cooling is important, but you could just get a huge cardboard box with a 12 inch fan cooling everything (not that I do that <.<)

Anyways, I'll give you a suggestion, NZXT Zero... but like I said, I doubt anything will come from this. Always better to do your own research... go on Newegg, start slimming down the categories, and then browse through the cases. Google reviews for some of the cases you like, and then decide...
November 3, 2006 7:19:25 PM

good point
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
a b K Overclocking
November 3, 2006 7:46:50 PM

Yeah thinking the same, the suggestion are almost always the same...
!