Scanner for 2.5 X 3.5 inch Negatives

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 7, 2005 1:58:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,alt.comp.periphs.scanners,comp.periphs.scanners (More info?)

Hi

Can anyone please tell me if any of the popular (ie cheap) scanners
will handle 2.5 X 3.5 inch negatives without the need for a
separately purchased adapter?

If not, what is the cheapest way of tackling these - I have a few
hundred, so having these scanned professionally is not an option.

--
Brian Pears
Gateshead, UK

More about : scanner inch negatives

Anonymous
February 8, 2005 12:17:33 AM

"Brian Pears" <bpears@freenet.co.uk> wrote in message

> Hi
>
> Can anyone please tell me if any of the popular (ie cheap) scanners
> will handle 2.5 X 3.5 inch negatives without the need for a
> separately purchased adapter?
>
> If not, what is the cheapest way of tackling these - I have a few
> hundred, so having these scanned professionally is not an option.
>
> --
> Brian Pears
> Gateshead, UK

Epson Perfection 4180 PHOTO will scan up to a 2.6" x 9" transparency
(negative and slide).
http://www.epson.co.uk/products/product_hub/Product_Lis...

Epson 4180 Photo is 199 USD.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

CSM1 <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote:
>Epson Perfection 4180 PHOTO will scan up to a 2.6" x 9" transparency
>(negative and slide).
>http://www.epson.co.uk/products/product_hub/Product_Lis...
>
>Epson 4180 Photo is 199 USD.

Many thanks Carl, that seems ideal.

--
Brian Pears
Gateshead, UK

Brian Pears schrieb:

> Hi
>
> Can anyone please tell me if any of the popular (ie cheap) scanners
> will handle 2.5 X 3.5 inch negatives without the need for a
> separately purchased adapter?
>
> If not, what is the cheapest way of tackling these - I have a few
> hundred, so having these scanned professionally is not an option.

It depends on what you want to do after you have scanned your
slides/negatives. If you want to get a scanner which is absolutely
phantastic for medium format, go for a Nikon Super Coolscan 8000ED. It
is less expensive to get than the new 9000ED. If you do not want or need
such a piece of equipment, go for an Epson 4870 - does this job very
well and costs less than half new compared to a second hand ED9000 on Ebay.
Rgds George
!