Scanner for 2.5 X 3.5 inch Negatives

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,alt.comp.periphs.scanners,comp.periphs.scanners (More info?)

Hi

Can anyone please tell me if any of the popular (ie cheap) scanners
will handle 2.5 X 3.5 inch negatives without the need for a
separately purchased adapter?

If not, what is the cheapest way of tackling these - I have a few
hundred, so having these scanned professionally is not an option.

--
Brian Pears
Gateshead, UK

    "Brian Pears" <bpears@freenet.co.uk> wrote in message

    > Hi
    >
    > Can anyone please tell me if any of the popular (ie cheap) scanners
    > will handle 2.5 X 3.5 inch negatives without the need for a
    > separately purchased adapter?
    >
    > If not, what is the cheapest way of tackling these - I have a few
    > hundred, so having these scanned professionally is not an option.
    >
    > --
    > Brian Pears
    > Gateshead, UK

    Epson Perfection 4180 PHOTO will scan up to a 2.6" x 9" transparency
    (negative and slide).
    http://www.epson.co.uk/products/product_hub/Product_Listing_Scanners.htm

    Epson 4180 Photo is 199 USD.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    CSM1 <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote:
    >Epson Perfection 4180 PHOTO will scan up to a 2.6" x 9" transparency
    >(negative and slide).
    >http://www.epson.co.uk/products/product_hub/Product_Listing_Scanners.htm
    >
    >Epson 4180 Photo is 199 USD.

    Many thanks Carl, that seems ideal.

    --
    Brian Pears
    Gateshead, UK

    Brian Pears schrieb:

    > Hi
    >
    > Can anyone please tell me if any of the popular (ie cheap) scanners
    > will handle 2.5 X 3.5 inch negatives without the need for a
    > separately purchased adapter?
    >
    > If not, what is the cheapest way of tackling these - I have a few
    > hundred, so having these scanned professionally is not an option.

    It depends on what you want to do after you have scanned your
    slides/negatives. If you want to get a scanner which is absolutely
    phantastic for medium format, go for a Nikon Super Coolscan 8000ED. It
    is less expensive to get than the new 9000ED. If you do not want or need
    such a piece of equipment, go for an Epson 4870 - does this job very
    well and costs less than half new compared to a second hand ED9000 on Ebay.
    Rgds George

Scanners Internet Explorer Peripherals