  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
July 1, 2004 10:17:31 PM

Archived from groups: (More info?)

More about : linux wireless usb adapters 11b

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 2, 2004 4:07:33 PM

"nntp chip" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
news:p an.2004.07.01.16.17.30.298377@privacy.net...

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for a wireless usb-adapter so that I can use it with both
> laptops and desktops. Speed is not critical so usb 1 and 11b will do fine.
>
> Linux with fresh kernels will be the os on the computers. Anyone out there
> know how nice those three adapters will play with the penguin:
>
> Netgear - ma111 (or ma111nd)
> D-Link - dwl-122
> 3com - 3crshew696
>

> If any patches or extra drivers need to be applied that would be good to
> know about too.
>
> TIA
>
> - ---
>

> Netgear - ma111 (or ma111nd)

Using the Atmel AT76C503A binary linux driver with the Netgear MA101
http://mckinney.co.nz/wireless/binary.html
Netgear MA101 & RedHat 8.0 HOWTO
http://atmelwlandriver.sourceforge.net/howto/howto.html
http://www.linuxquestions.org/hcl/showproduct.php?produ...

> D-Link - dwl-122
lots in google
> 3com - 3crshew696
lots in google

happy hacking and good luck
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 6, 2004 4:18:28 AM

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 12:07:33 +0100, Andrew Crook wrote:

> "nntp chip" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

>> I'm looking for a wireless usb-adapter so that I can use it with both
>> laptops and desktops. Speed is not critical so usb 1 and 11b will do
>> fine.
>>
>> Linux with fresh kernels will be the os on the computers. Anyone out
>> there know how nice those three adapters will play with the penguin:
>>
>> Netgear - ma111 (or ma111nd)
>> D-Link - dwl-122
>> 3com - 3crshew696
>>

>> If any patches or extra drivers need to be applied that would be good
>> to know about too.
>>
>> TIA
>>

>> Netgear - ma111 (or ma111nd)
>
> Using the Atmel AT76C503A binary linux driver with the Netgear MA101
> http://mckinney.co.nz/wireless/binary.html Netgear MA101 & RedHat 8.0
> HOWTO
> http://atmelwlandriver.sourceforge.net/howto/howto.html
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/hcl/showproduct.php?produ...

Sounds good. I'll take a look at those links.

>> D-Link - dwl-122
> lots in google
>> 3com - 3crshew696
> lots in google

Already googled for info and found out they should work. Thought I'd ask
in this group anyway to hear from people actually using them if they have
something to say besides what google says.

> happy hacking and good luck

Thank you.

- ---
!