2 X1950 Pros Crossfire not working correctly

Rogueone

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2006
I need help please please please

my main post is over in the motherboard section, as that seems to be likely the more appropriate section, so I'll link here so as not to double post

Basically, when i boot up, only 1 card works for boot up, bios only displays the top half the screen, and the other card works in Windows. help!!

Rogueone

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2006
I noticed the ones on ATi's site mention if you lost your CD, you can get the replacement, so I'm using the ones provided by Sapphire.
version 6.9 as i recall.

I did get it sort of working last night. I seriously think there is a problem with the cards sitting/connecting properly in the PCI-E slots. I can wiggle them, jiggle them, boot up, and get the bios to look correct, then brush the cards and have the bios half screened again. I eventually uninstalled all the cards in Windows, and booted up with both installed from scratch. Still had the issue where the card in PCI-E slot 3 works during boot, and slot 1 takes over in windows. Then, being new to having 4 display outputs, I noticed when trying to set the resolutions to match my monitor, that you can tell windows which of the 4 should be primary, so I set #2 to primary, and now the 1 card in slot 3 does everything :)

turned on crossfire in software, and everything looks ok so far. But, I'm playing NWN2, and it makes no sense. With full graphics, but water reflections etc off, bloom off, and no AA/AF, it's like 8-15 fps. dropping to medium setting gets to at best 30. That's rediculous. Something just doesn't seem to be running right yet, or the drivers need a little more tweaking :)

Silentsam

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2006
I just downloaded the Radeon 6.10 drivers, and I did notice on the ATI website there was a special link to download the X1950 Pro drivers. It was separate from the normal list of drivers.

This is the link for the 6.10 XP drivers: https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=27

Notice after the instructions bullets that is says Customers who own an ATI Radeon® X1950 PRO and looking for drivers, please click here.

Hope that helps.

Rogueone

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2006
yeah went there already. looks like an older file than on my cd, oddly.

everything is the same up to 036024C, the one I have installed says 036363C, and shows as Cat 6.9. Does the one from ATI look any different?