Windows doesn't detect my hard drives

tydalwave

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
Well long story short is in the title.

I have 2 34gig raptors and have used them for almost a year, upgraded to new mobo, vid , cpu and memory.
MSI 975x plat power up edition.
I'm attempting to use the onboard raid controller from Intel and believe i set it up correctly. When i load the drivers from a floppy when Windows promps <S for additional devices> i load the drivers and continue on.

Windows does not detect any hard drives installed, please etc etc.

driving me nuts.

Do i have to use the configurator from Western Digital before trying to install on them again? ( i used it originally when installed in old computer )

Thanks in advance

Mondoman

Splendid
Assuming they are SATA drives, you will probably have to enable their connectors in the BIOS. Also, if you are using them as a RAID array, you will have to specify in the BIOS which drives are part of a RAID array. You will then have to actually initialize the array in the RAID BIOS, which should show a message (e.g. "press F10 for RAID BIOS" or something like that) after the normal BIOS finishess its POST. After that you can install Windows.
It's not clear from your post whether by "Windows" you mean booting into Windows on the hard disk or the Windows installation program. Since you've upgraded the MB, you need to re-install Windows at a minimum

tydalwave

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
they are SATA hard drives, and they do show up in the bios and all the correct settings are enabled in the bios. i do boot into the raid bios as well and make the settings there. In "Windows" i mean the installation program for windows. my motherboard is detecting the bios but the windows installation program is not.

still searching the net as well... thanks in advance