wireless linux

Last response: in Wireless Networking
May 29, 2004 6:02:39 AM

Archived from groups: (More info?)

I have a zyxel adsl on isdn modem plus a linksys wireless router.
Windows machines reach internet easily using linksys pccards. Linux
laptop with the same brand of linksys pc-card gets an ip from dhcp in
the modem, pings other machines, operates a samba server and logs in the
zyxel modem maintenance page, but is refused internet access. iwconfig
confirms an internal ip is allocated to the linux machine and all. Any
clue, please?

More about : wireless linux

Anonymous
May 31, 2004 8:05:47 PM

"José Lello" <jlello@argus.pt> wrote in message
> I have a zyxel adsl on isdn modem plus a linksys wireless router.
> Windows machines reach internet easily using linksys pccards. Linux
> laptop with the same brand of linksys pc-card gets an ip from dhcp in
> the modem, pings other machines, operates a samba server and logs in the
> zyxel modem maintenance page, but is refused internet access. iwconfig
> confirms an internal ip is allocated to the linux machine and all. Any
> clue, please?

Download Knoppix (a bootable Linux CD distro), let it configure your
wireless card and see what it does.

http://www.knoppix.org
June 1, 2004 5:33:31 AM

José Lello wrote:

> I have a zyxel adsl on isdn modem plus a linksys wireless router.
> Windows machines reach internet easily using linksys pccards. Linux
> laptop with the same brand of linksys pc-card gets an ip from dhcp in
> the modem, pings other machines, operates a samba server and logs in the
> zyxel modem maintenance page, but is refused internet access. iwconfig
> confirms an internal ip is allocated to the linux machine and all. Any
> clue, please?

Can you ping any web sites by name (i.e. ping usatoday.com)? If not, check
your DNS settings.
June 29, 2004 11:50:19 PM

Archived from groups: (More info?)

In article <40b7d5fa$0$1834$a729d347@news.telepac.pt>,
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jos=E9_Lello?= <jlello@argus.pt> wrote:
> I have a zyxel adsl on isdn modem plus a linksys wireless router.
> Windows machines reach internet easily using linksys pccards. Linux
> laptop with the same brand of linksys pc-card gets an ip from dhcp in
> the modem, pings other machines, operates a samba server and logs in the
> zyxel modem maintenance page, but is refused internet access.

Refused how?

> Any clue, please?

I recently had a problem with a new router (Netgear MR814v2), where my
Linux desktop (connected by 10/100) could do anything with machines on the
LAN, but could not use TCP to the internet. It turned out to be "IP: TCP
Explicit Congestion Notification support" needed to be turned off in the
kernel options.

--
-eben ebQenW1@EtaRmpTabYayU.rIr.OcoPm home.tampabay.rr.com/hactar
LIBRA: A big promotion is just around the corner for someone