wireless linux

Archived from groups: (More info?)

I have a zyxel adsl on isdn modem plus a linksys wireless router.
Windows machines reach internet easily using linksys pccards. Linux
laptop with the same brand of linksys pc-card gets an ip from dhcp in
the modem, pings other machines, operates a samba server and logs in the
zyxel modem maintenance page, but is refused internet access. iwconfig
confirms an internal ip is allocated to the linux machine and all. Any
clue, please?
3 answers Last reply
More about wireless linux
  1. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    "José Lello" <jlello@argus.pt> wrote in message
    > I have a zyxel adsl on isdn modem plus a linksys wireless router.
    > Windows machines reach internet easily using linksys pccards. Linux
    > laptop with the same brand of linksys pc-card gets an ip from dhcp in
    > the modem, pings other machines, operates a samba server and logs in the
    > zyxel modem maintenance page, but is refused internet access. iwconfig
    > confirms an internal ip is allocated to the linux machine and all. Any
    > clue, please?

    Download Knoppix (a bootable Linux CD distro), let it configure your
    wireless card and see what it does.

    http://www.knoppix.org
  2. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    José Lello wrote:

    > I have a zyxel adsl on isdn modem plus a linksys wireless router.
    > Windows machines reach internet easily using linksys pccards. Linux
    > laptop with the same brand of linksys pc-card gets an ip from dhcp in
    > the modem, pings other machines, operates a samba server and logs in the
    > zyxel modem maintenance page, but is refused internet access. iwconfig
    > confirms an internal ip is allocated to the linux machine and all. Any
    > clue, please?

    Can you ping any web sites by name (i.e. ping usatoday.com)? If not, check
    your DNS settings.
  3. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    In article <40b7d5fa$0$1834$a729d347@news.telepac.pt>,
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jos=E9_Lello?= <jlello@argus.pt> wrote:
    > I have a zyxel adsl on isdn modem plus a linksys wireless router.
    > Windows machines reach internet easily using linksys pccards. Linux
    > laptop with the same brand of linksys pc-card gets an ip from dhcp in
    > the modem, pings other machines, operates a samba server and logs in the
    > zyxel modem maintenance page, but is refused internet access.

    Refused how?

    > Any clue, please?

    I recently had a problem with a new router (Netgear MR814v2), where my
    Linux desktop (connected by 10/100) could do anything with machines on the
    LAN, but could not use TCP to the internet. It turned out to be "IP: TCP
    Explicit Congestion Notification support" needed to be turned off in the
    kernel options.

    --
    -eben ebQenW1@EtaRmpTabYayU.rIr.OcoPm home.tampabay.rr.com/hactar
    LIBRA: A big promotion is just around the corner for someone

Modem Linksys Linux Wireless Networking