wanna know what I hate?

I hate making an offer while restocking and the store dude wants to haggle,
and his offer is 11 NP more than you offered. I offered 2333 NP, he said
2344 NP. And I didn't get the item. Grrrr!!!

So I kicked him in th ehead and teeth. And I feel better. :o)
7 answers Last reply
More about wanna hate

    On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:04:29 -0500, "moofenki" <xxx@yyy.com> wrote:

    >I hate making an offer while restocking and the store dude wants to haggle,
    >and his offer is 11 NP more than you offered. I offered 2333 NP, he said
    >2344 NP. And I didn't get the item. Grrrr!!!

    The truly sad thing is that it is so completely random in nature.
    Sometimes an offer of 2222 on a 2500np item is just fine, and other
    times the bastage demands at least 2480 or somesuch.

    I've just learned to always over-offer. 2500 becomes 2555, 678
    becomes 777 and so on. You pay more per item, but you don't miss them
    because of a wiseass shopkeeper.
    --
    Ray Newman
    ray@spankaroonietwounderpants.com

    Ooo - battering a shopkeeper. Chia police gonna get you for that one.
    Unless you live in the Haunted Woods, like we do; or on Krawk Island.
    Police don't have jurisdiction there, and there's no extradition.

    "A. M. Hawk Widner" <amhwidner@insightbb.com> wrote in message
    > Ooo - battering a shopkeeper. Chia police gonna get you for that one.
    > Unless you live in the Haunted Woods, like we do; or on Krawk Island.
    > Police don't have jurisdiction there, and there's no extradition.
    >
    > "moofenki" <xxx@yyy.com> wrote in message
    > > I hate making an offer while restocking and the store dude wants to
    > haggle,
    > > and his offer is 11 NP more than you offered. I offered 2333 NP, he
    said
    > > 2344 NP. And I didn't get the item. Grrrr!!!
    > >
    > > So I kicked him in th ehead and teeth. And I feel better. :o)

    moofie needs to join witness pet-tection program :o)

    hmmm, he found a petpetpet this morning... could that mean he is "bugged"
    <ouch! bad one!>

    "moofenki" <> wrote >

    > moofie needs to join witness pet-tection program :o)
    >
    > hmmm, he found a petpetpet this morning... could that mean he is "bugged"
    > <ouch! bad one!>

    Oh, my - they are onto you now. No more beating up shopkeepers! They are
    *watching* you now.

    > "moofenki" <> wrote >
    > > >
    > > moofie needs to join witness pet-tection program :o)
    > >
    > > hmmm, he found a petpetpet this morning... could that mean he is
    "bugged"
    > > <ouch! bad one!>
    > >
    > Oh, my - they are onto you now. No more beating up shopkeepers! They are
    > *watching* you now.

    whew! I sold the bug :o) back to normal business... kick! kick!!

    "Ray Newman" <ray_newman@hotmailunderpants.com> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:04:29 -0500, "moofenki" <xxx@yyy.com> wrote:
    >
    >>I hate making an offer while restocking and the store dude wants to
    >>haggle,
    >>and his offer is 11 NP more than you offered. I offered 2333 NP, he said
    >>2344 NP. And I didn't get the item. Grrrr!!!
    >
    > The truly sad thing is that it is so completely random in nature.
    > Sometimes an offer of 2222 on a 2500np item is just fine, and other
    > times the bastage demands at least 2480 or somesuch.
    >
    > I've just learned to always over-offer. 2500 becomes 2555, 678
    > becomes 777 and so on. You pay more per item, but you don't miss them
    > because of a wiseass shopkeeper.

    I get the message "You don't want to pay *that* much for this" if I
    accidently hit the button 4 times instead of 3. This is for non rare items
    only! Depending on how much the item is I offer 111 the first time, 333 the
    next 555 after (you see the pattern?) until they don't drop their price
    anymore, then I offer about 5 NP less than that. And since I now know how
    much they want for it, I can short-cut it, and still get it for what I got
    the first one for. And they don't kick me out anymore. Collectable Cards
    are easiest to do this with. But not the rare ones. Depending on the
    price, because some expensive ones hang around for people to take money out
    of the bank for.

    Stamps I offer close to what they are asking for, because I am only looking
    for ones I don't have already. So the ones that stay in the shop, the
    really common ones, I can look past and ignore.

    daramark

    I have paid, in a haggle, more than what was asked for only cuz its a
    quickness thing and sometimes its quicker to pay 233 than 230 he asks for

    But I get not only the "You dont wanna pay that much" thing, but then I have
    to haggle around the accidental price, so a 222 item, if i offer 2222, then
    I have to offer 2k and up so I miss out on th eitem because why pay 2k for a
    200 item... you follow?

    "daramark" <dara.butler@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > "Ray Newman" <ray_newman@hotmailunderpants.com> wrote in message
    > > On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:04:29 -0500, "moofenki" <xxx@yyy.com> wrote:
    > >
    > >>I hate making an offer while restocking and the store dude wants to
    > >>haggle,
    > >>and his offer is 11 NP more than you offered. I offered 2333 NP, he
    said
    > >>2344 NP. And I didn't get the item. Grrrr!!!
    > >
    > > The truly sad thing is that it is so completely random in nature.
    > > Sometimes an offer of 2222 on a 2500np item is just fine, and other
    > > times the bastage demands at least 2480 or somesuch.
    > >
    > > I've just learned to always over-offer. 2500 becomes 2555, 678
    > > becomes 777 and so on. You pay more per item, but you don't miss them
    > > because of a wiseass shopkeeper.
    >

    > I get the message "You don't want to pay *that* much for this" if I
    > accidently hit the button 4 times instead of 3. This is for non rare
    items
    > only! Depending on how much the item is I offer 111 the first time, 333
    the
    > next 555 after (you see the pattern?) until they don't drop their price
    > anymore, then I offer about 5 NP less than that. And since I now know how
    > much they want for it, I can short-cut it, and still get it for what I got
    > the first one for. And they don't kick me out anymore. Collectable Cards
    > are easiest to do this with. But not the rare ones. Depending on the
    > price, because some expensive ones hang around for people to take money
    out
    > of the bank for.
    >
    > Stamps I offer close to what they are asking for, because I am only
    looking
    > for ones I don't have already. So the ones that stay in the shop, the
    > really common ones, I can look past and ignore.
    >

    > daramark

Games Video Games