AMD claims Intel PC the fastest ever!

wolverinero79

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2001
Just something funny....look at the computer that AMD/ATI's site is labeled as the '"Best Gaming PC" 2006'.

he he

I guess those in charge of the merge haven't quite caught on yet.

JBS181818

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006
yea thats about a week old but still funny. they'll get rid of all that soon enough. they still have to endorse crossfire on intel for now since its making them money. obviously, they don't need to call it the fastest computer...

Not quite, but they would love to stuff them into a small box in the market that's just big enough to keep the DOJ off of their back- kind of like how MSFT funded Apple in the late 1990s. It was a major embarrassment to Intel that AMD set the x86 ISA for the next 15 years and to add injury to insult, they also went from 0% server market share in 2000 to nearly a quarter today, making Intel's extremely expensive Itanium development basically a dud.

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Hey, thats actually not a bad idea... only problem is slave trade is kind of outdated... must be better uses for their kids...

Maybe keep them to work as janitors, or mow Intel's nice green lawns (or maybe they have blue lawns...)

Hey, thats actually not a bad idea... only problem is slave trade is kind of outdated... must be better uses for their kids...

Maybe keep them to work as janitors, or mow Intel's nice green lawns (or maybe they have blue lawns...)
o_O..... run away.....[/monty python]

quantumsheep

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
Just something funny....look at the computer that AMD/ATI's site is labeled as the '"Best Gaming PC" 2006'.

he he

I guess those in charge of the merge haven't quite caught on yet.

There's 2 funny things there. Firstly they're using an Intel CPU, secondly they're using an Intel mainboard.

Some people....I despair!

quantumsheep

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
i for one think its a great thing that amd can allow this ad,i think its very mature of them and it shows they are confident in future designs.

amd wins the bigger man award of the decade,intel wins the" whiner soiled diaper award "of the millinea :twisted:

Good points there! Takes a big man to admit you're wrong.

It's similar to the Scenario when MMM admitted in his blog that he had been wrong about C2D and that it really is a great architecture. I was very impressed by him when i read that, considering how adamant he had been that AM2 would kick the crap outta C2D.

quantumsheep

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
Err what? No, Intel said all along that clock speed didn't matter! :lol:

I actually have a picture on my computer of the Intel CEO kneeling down and apologising because Netburst didn't reach 4ghz.

Anyone know how i can upload photos?

quantumsheep

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005

well ,prescott debuted as a cpu slash burner plate for those who like to cook as they game,so it worked out well :twisted: i almost got one to use as a coffee warmer/floor heater. :wink: aww who cares that the tdp was well above what intel said it would be,and performance was well below what they said,its only hype :twisted:

Northwood was a much better use of Netburst than Prescott. Imagine Northwood P4s on 65nm with 2mb L2 cache, i think they'd be very impressive. Especially considering mine (2.8 400FSB) runs perfectly fine at 3.6ghz on the stock cooler!

quantumsheep

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005

I actually have a picture on my computer of the Intel CEO kneeling down and apologising because Netburst didn't reach 4ghz.

Anyone know how i can upload photos?
as a mattuh o fackly yes :wink:
http://img100.imageshack.us/

here ya go, found it!

Notice the smirk the guy in the seat has.

dean7

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006

well ,prescott debuted as a cpu slash burner plate for those who like to cook as they game,so it worked out well :twisted: i almost got one to use as a coffee warmer/floor heater. :wink: aww who cares that the tdp was well above what intel said it would be,and performance was well below what they said,its only hype :twisted: I have a Prescott and when I game it heats my room up (not joking) :( .

dean7

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
He SHOULD be kneeling down and apologizing for all of the Netburst CPUs that he sold while the Netburst reign of terror was in play! :evil:

dean7

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
He SHOULD be kneeling down and apologizing for all of the Netburst CPUs that he sold while the Netburst reign of terror was in play! :evil:

Netburst only started to appear bad when K8 was released, the Northwood owned the K7.
True. But it's annoying that Intel brainwashed everybody in the user community to think that MHz = speed.

dean7

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
they were selling hype :evil: i wonder if Amd werent as savvy as they are if intel would mislead its consumer base for a buck :roll:
that makes intel the slimy schemer of the bunch;thank gawd for amd or wed be taking it up the azz like stupid sheep.

intel wins the sociopathic marketing award of the century as well as the soiled diaper award of the millenia. :twisted:
I agree with you, but if I were going to buy a CPU right now I'd still buy Intel (for the 1st time in the past 8 years). The C2D seems to be a sign that they are changing the way they do things. It's exactly contrary to Netburst philosophy.

We're lucky AMD and Intel are battling it out, because it keeps both of them honest (e.g. K8 = wakeup call for Intel as much as C2D = wakeup call for AMD).

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
I'm kinda sad though, I liked being able to brag about my netburst computer...

My CPU generates more heat per cm^2 than the sun... you think you contribute to global warming... wait until I take my side panel off =P