892.11g for Linux

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: (More info?)

I want an 802.11g PCI card that has open source drivers for Linux.
Any recommendations?

Remove .NOSPAM from my email address to reply directly.

Archived from groups: (More info?)

As far as i know there isn't any for linux . Even wpa is not supported
quite yet. You have to look into the chipset . This will give you better
idea of what is support or will be shortly. Look at upgrading to the 2.6
kernel.

Drew Cutter wrote:

> As far as i know there isn't any for linux . Even wpa is not supported
> quite yet. You have to look into the chipset . This will give you better
> idea of what is support or will be shortly. Look at upgrading to the 2.6
> kernel.
There are several. Any using the Prism 54 chips are supported out
of the box with the current 2.6 kernel. Any using the Atheros chips
are supported using the MadWifi driver. Many more are covered
using the ndiswrapper driver which then allows the Windows driver
to be used. In short there are not many 802.11g cards that are NOT
supported.

David