Search menu opens with double-click

Windows XP Home, Service pack 2...

When I double-click on a folder in Windows Explorer,
instead of the folder opening the Search menu opens.

Not sure if this began with instalation of SP-2.

Even Google doesn't seem to help. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thnx.

Hi,

It's a known issue, and it's not associated with SP2. There is a fix from
MVP Doug Knox here:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_folder_open.htm

--
Best of Luck,