X1800XT OC problem?

chief5286

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
Hi all.

I was playing Oblivion last night and had my X1800XT overclocked as far as it would go. Game runs great in terms of framerate. There was a problem though. Every once in a while, especially when I accessed a menu within the game (inventory, etc), the game would hang for a few seconds. My monitor light would blink (as if it were receiving no signal, or my comp was asleep). The problem would correct itself after a few seconds, so gameplay was not actually effected.

Could this be a heat problem? I ran the CAT OC tester and it says my OC is fine. Should I put any trust in this?

I've never had a problem with my card before this.

Thanks

raven_87

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
Hmm wierd. I had a massive overclock on my X1800XT and it didnt do that.
Try backing off on the core a little bit and see what you get.

Out of curiousity. What are you voltages?

chief5286

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
That was the first and only time its happened.

I backed off the OC just a little, nothing that should matter, but the game runs fine now.
I'm running stock voltages.

This was just a little weird. My card has performed flawlessly up til then. Hopefully it was just a glitch in the game or something.

chief5286

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
Just out of curiosity cleeve, what made you decide to upgrade your X1800XL (I think it was XL)?

Do you notice that much of a difference?

cleeve

Illustrious
Just out of curiosity cleeve, what made you decide to upgrade your X1800XL (I think it was XL)?

Do you notice that much of a difference?

Mostly because I review videocards now and got the X1900 XTX as a sample... :twisted:

Bit of a difference in some things. Big difference in Oblivion.

raven_87

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
Mostly because I review videocards now and got the X1900 XTX as a sample... :twisted:

sob. hey, when I move out west to finish school...you gotta get me a job. or share the luv with all the samples you get. speaking of, whens your G80 coming? *bastard lol*