convo

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
Hi all,

I'm looking to build a new comp for gaming. I'm a little confused on what mobo to buy. I don't plan to O/C. I just want a mobo that i could toss in a DX10 card maybe a year from now. I plan to go with a 1950xt for now. I hoping the release of the G80 will drop the price of 1950xt a bit. Anyone know of a good solid board to recommend? Thx in advance.

convo

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
Thanks for the advise. This would be my first build and I have read reviews where this board could give some problems if you don't know what you're doing. Anything else out there I should consider?

3lfk1ng

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
I think your a little confused...

R600 is the gpu for ATI's dx10 graphics cards that will be released early next year.
RD600 is ATI's soon to be released chipset which is said to "put Nvidia and Intel chipsets to shame"...that's just speculation....nothing is concrete yet

Here is an RD600 motherboard

And DX10 doesn't require a mobo that has 2 pcie16x slots.

convo

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
Ah ok thanks! I'm guessing I could pick up a mobo like the P5b-E and drop in a DX10 card when I'm ready to buy?

3lfk1ng

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
RD600 is ATI's soon to be released chipset which is said to "put Nvidia and Intel chipsets to shame"...that's just speculation....nothing is concrete yet
So youre on that nasty Asus side!? I knew it...

LOL rwaritsdario, I dont know what any of what I said had anything to do with ASUS (unless your talking about my sig?)

I used to be an Asus fan(4 years ago)...I'm switching to DFI when I have the money to build my new system because I've learned quite a bit over the years. However that doesnt make me a fanboy.... (I h8 all you fanboys btw!)

I'm merely a price:performance wh0r3. Whatever company can provide the best product for the best price is what I buy :), BUT I will admit that I do tend to float on the more expensive side.

The Athlon 2500+ barton at $80 was the price:performance enthusiast processor of choice at that time in history , as well as the Asus A7N8X also at $80 (lots of peeps went for the deluxe, but I didn't the extremist overclockers went for the Abit NF7).

Anyways, not to get off topic or anything but I felt like I had to defend myself because I'm in no way shape or form a fanboy.

Oh and if you said Asus and meant ATI....then yeah....RD600 ftw, I've heard some really spectacular things about the rd600 chipset.

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
I meant the Stiker Extreme.

I will put every other chipset to shame. ATI shall not leave without making a long lasting mark in our chipsets memory.
As wusy says, Its an Oscar Wu's LanParty RD600...