Duplex ADF scanner advice needed

Hi,
I need an ADF duplex scanner. I have the equivalent of 3 4 drawer legal
file cabinets that I need to get from paper to disk (old records,
reports, instruction books, etc.). The idea is to recliam space for
other uses and for preservation. I also want to digitize all future
'gotta hold 'em' paperwork. The plan is to get to one desk drawer file
of 'must keep as paper' (tax, etc.) and shred the rest.

I am looking at the HP ScanJets, 8290 & 8250 and the Xerox/ Visioneer
Documate 520. I have an Epson 1240U, but not enough room for 2 scanners,
so a decent flatbed with graphics capability is also required.

The 8290 or 520 with Kofax seem the best way. Unfortunately the reviews
seem discouraging, as do the prices.

Any experienced help, scanner war stories, advice, etc. would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Doug
1 answer Last reply
More about duplex scanner advice needed

    Look at the Fujitsu 4120c or 4120c2 sheetfed scanner. The latter is the
    newer model and duplexes faster. I bought the 4120c and am happy with it.
    Comes with Adobe Acrobat and reads duplex documents in one pass. The 4120c
    is 25 pages per minute in duplex - The 4120c2 is supposed to be 25 ppm
    simplex and 50 pages per minute in duplex. 50 page adf.

    I also use Scansoft paperport 10 to manage the files and scan documents in
    as pdf files.

    "Doug Johnston" <dougjzr@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I need an ADF duplex scanner. I have the equivalent of 3 4 drawer legal
    > file cabinets that I need to get from paper to disk (old records,
    > reports, instruction books, etc.). The idea is to recliam space for
    > other uses and for preservation. I also want to digitize all future
    > 'gotta hold 'em' paperwork. The plan is to get to one desk drawer file
    > of 'must keep as paper' (tax, etc.) and shred the rest.
    >
    > I am looking at the HP ScanJets, 8290 & 8250 and the Xerox/ Visioneer
    > Documate 520. I have an Epson 1240U, but not enough room for 2 scanners,
    > so a decent flatbed with graphics capability is also required.
    >
    > The 8290 or 520 with Kofax seem the best way. Unfortunately the reviews
    > seem discouraging, as do the prices.
    >
    > Any experienced help, scanner war stories, advice, etc. would be
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Doug

Scanners Hewlett Packard Peripherals