Ah man, Crysis is delayed.

skyguy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
Interesting.......a big rush to buy DX10 cards but nothing to use them on.....all dressed up and no place to go, as it were :roll:

EA actually just posted a HUGE loss in this past quarter. HUGE. My guess is they're pushing Crysis to next fiscal year to boost the revenues and profit projections to recover and present it to stockholders and look like they made a ton of money. If they were to release Crysis in this fiscal year, it won't help them recover and the game will look like a "failure" on their bottom line. Has nothing to do with the dev team.....it's all about the $$. :evil:

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
yellphone.gif

Qeldroma

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2006
Im going to try to take this as a good thing.... no Im not drunk. I want this game to litterally be the best game ever made. So if they need more time to make it better, feel free. But if its just cuz they are cheap and lost money.... well then they can eat me. :)

pauldh

Illustrious
EA is just taking the necessary steps in adding ads into the game. No big deal... :roll:

Maybe :roll: no big deal to you. But I call a 2 month or more delay, in the game I am looking forward to the most, to be a big deal. Tacked onto the only other game I am now waiting for ...Test Drive Unlimited.... being delayed from Sep 6th to Oct 24th, and now to Feb 13th... I'm disappointed big time. :evil:

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
Makes sence. Nothing but the high-end DX10 cards will be out by Janurary, and ppl wouldnt have been so happy to emulate DX9.0L.
Not a good enough reason to delay, so they must actually still be working on. Thats a good thing - it will be better when it comes out. 4 Months better.

Edit: They say that it will be moved to Q2. This means April - June!

pauldh

Illustrious
Sheesh, I guess I'm the only one who was looking forward to spending a few cold Winter nights with Crysis and my toasty OC'ed X1800XT. I know GW probably planned on his rig being his main source of home heating through February and March. :tongue:

Natecannon

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
You do know that I was rolling my eyes due to the fact that EA is probably infiltrating the coding and plastering ads throughout and not the fact that the game is delayed. I too was looking at running Crysis this year...

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
Holy detail! I wonder what setup they are running in that screenshot. Looks to be a little light in the Anti Aliasing department on the edge of that corporate Coke machine.

Sheesh, I guess I'm the only one who was looking forward to spending a few cold Winter nights with Crysis and my toasty OC'ed X1800XT. I know GW probably planned on his rig being his main source of home heating through February and March. :tongue:

Ya, that's because you two are l0s3r$ who don't ski or play hockey! :tongue:

This is the best news for me. :twisted:

I'll play Crysis after ski season is over (just started this week going to Louise in 3 weeks for the World Cup). 8)

As for bad puns....
What are you gonna do about it being delayed? Cry - Sis !!
cry014rp5.gif

Implying you're a sissy or my little sister!

Oh yeah you know that was funny, funny like a fox!
troutslapwx7.gif

Just kidding, you know I love you both...................... like my sisters!
24oy9.gif

BTW, I know how GW's staying warm this winter; a little of this
drunkfriendshy4.gif
followed by some of that
490yc8.gif
or wait it's more like this
screwdogmq4.gif

sirheck

Splendid
Feb 24, 2006
ha ha! i dont ski or play hockey. i would probably break something.
i mtn. bike and scubadive.

but i guess i would rahter be in the hospital with a broke leg
instead of in a decompression chamber with d.c.s. 8O

though i have broke my back on a dirtbike :(
well no one else would jump off that cliff :lol:

pauldh

Illustrious
ROFL, aren't you just on a roll. :lol:

That gave me some comic relief while installing media player 10 on my kids machine to watch Vern's :wink: DX10 video. I'd give ya the link again, but it says bandwidth limit reached nowanyway. Funny but my XP2100+ AIW 128 pro was giving me maybe a frame every 3 seconds trying to watch that video while the kids XP2000+ 9500 pro ran it smooth as silk.

pauldh

Illustrious
BTW, I used to ski and play hockey. Lost the fun in skiing after tearing my ACL and feeling I now need to be cautious. And hockey...we got tired of the only arena ice time being 3:45AM Sat morning. :cry:

TRENDING THREADS