Tom's Hardware Myspace

Hey Everyone!!!

All this forum talking, however controversial it may be, has gotten me thinking about how much I love connecting with all the THG readers. I'd be delighted if you would all come and chat with me more at the new MySpace page I made for Tom's Hardware. Yes, I, Sarah Townsend, am running it. It's brand new so it's not real pretty yet - but we'll get there.

So here's the link: www.myspace.com/tomshardware

And be sure to tell all your friends.... :)

Much love,
Sarah

P.S. Be sure to keep an eye out for an interview with yours truly that will be posted on a future installment of the 2006 Holiday Buyers' Guide!
36 answers Last reply
More about hardware myspace
  1. cool, but be ready for you know what :lol:
  2. hope it works ok and good luck :)
  3. Not myspace again. :roll: When will this fad end?
  4. You could sell ice to the Eskimos. 8O
  5. Hell, probably even sell 'em the freezers to keep it in...
  6. Yes myspace will never end... I remember when it started like when that tom guy only had like 20,000 friends thats when i joined... and forgot about it. then all of sudden all my friends in the states were like GET MYSPACE... as if it was life or death. Its a good idea though
  7. I personally believe that MySpace is a bad idea.

The amount of people using MySpace is proportional to the amount of people worried about their security on the net.
  8. Nice :wink:
  9. I'll send an add request when I get home. :wink:
  10. Hmmm, Myspace is actually valuable now....
  11. Quote:
    All this forum talking, however controversial it may be, has gotten me thinking about how much I love connecting with all the THG readers. I'd be delighted if you would all come and chat with me more at the new MySpace page I made for Tom's Hardware. Yes, I, Sarah Townsend, am running it. It's brand new so it's not real pretty yet - but we'll get there.

So here's the link: www.myspace.com/tomshardware

And be sure to tell all your friends.... :)

Much love,
    Sarah !

I'm a fairly new poster here, but what the heck was that post about? Can any vets here give me some insight besides the blatantly obvious?
  12. I think i'd rather just add sarah, but maybe thats just me
  13. Toms Hardware has expanded to include many new features as can be seen with a bit of looking around.
    This is an example of such. Side's, it gives a feminine touch to a testosterone driven community. Thats my take on it.
    I'll let the older hands say more.
  14. Quote:
    Toms Hardware has expanded to include many new features as can be seen with a bit of looking around.
    This is an example of such. Side's, it gives a feminine touch to a testosterone driven community. Thats my take on it.
    I'll let the older hands say more.

Testosterone driven? I dunno about others, but my testosterone is usually generated and driven by my time AWAY from my rig. :wink:
  15. I like how THG is listed as a 98 year old male, aquarious, Swinger =)
  16. Quote:
    I like how THG is listed as a 98 year old male, aquarious, Swinger =)

Don't SAY that...I've just joined as a poster and the thought makes me cringe...ok...more pictures of SARAH instead of visions of 98 year old men!

BTW Who IS she?
  17. what is myspace
    :roll:
  18. Quote:
    I like how THG is listed as a 98 year old male, aquarious, Swinger =)

Don't SAY that...I've just joined as a poster and the thought makes me cringe...ok...more pictures of SARAH instead of visions of 98 year old men!

BTW Who IS she?

I'm the Editorial Production Coordinator for TG Publishing.
  19. Is that REALLY your Photo? WOW you are hot! :oops: But don't you think that it distracts from the hardware forumz at hand? At least from my POV. But I'm new, so any attempt to help THG is good for me!
  20. BTW, are you a Fashion Model? I have a few cousins in California who are hot... But I'm far away from that scene. Good Luck!
  21. Quote:
    Is that REALLY your Photo? WOW you are hot! :oops: But don't you think that it distracts from the hardware forumz at hand? At least from my POV. But I'm new, so any attempt to help THG is good for me!

Haha yes that's really me. Thank you! It might distract from the hardware, but I like to think of it as a nice addition. Everything is still there, just me as well.
  22. Quote:
    BTW, are you a Fashion Model? I have a few cousins in California who are hot... But I'm far away from that scene. Good Luck!

I model, but not fulltime. TG Publishing is my fulltime gig! :) Thanks!
  23. I guess being up in the hierchy gives you certain privedges...like your "princess" status(not that I disagree). I'm still working on getting my 100 posts so I can get my avatar up! A friend recommended that I visit THG for hardware issues years ago, so i was just a post follower. Now that I post, i find it's getting harder to get away from my system. BTW, where did ya get the green elf hat? That would look mighty fine on my wife with her muscle shirt!

Thanks for the rapport.

Tim
  24. Quote:
    Haha yes that's really me. Thank you! It might distract from the hardware, but I like to think of it as a nice addition. Everything is still there, just me as well.

There was hardware?
  25. So when does Anandtech get their girl?
  26. MySpace is useful once again... (I get the feeling I was here before....)
  27. Quote:
    Not myspace again. When will this fad end?

Myspace is probably the most important thing other than Napster (and the affordable home studio) to happen to the music business in the last 15 years at least. So yeah, it's kinda important, and I truly hope it's not a fad.

THG Myspace though? I duno, it seems kinda pointless to me when you have the best tech website in the world already.

But I guess perhaps it'll get little emo kids out of their perpetual cycle of terrible music and even worse hair...and into that world-renowned fashion-concious and oh-so-cool collective who are proud to be known as geeks.

Or I'm reading too far into it.
  28. No really, do you have to post your pic. :D
  29. I thought the point of MySpace was originally like a free E-Harmony. Then it got corrupted and abused by emo types and closet gangsta's...
  30. Best sentence to sum up the thing I hate called MySpace...

Well done Ninja.
  31. Quote:
    I thought the point of MySpace was originally like a free E-Harmony. Then it got corrupted and abused by emo types and closet gangsta's...

Nah the emo types love taking pictures of themselves and hanging out in graveyards but they're mostly harmless. Depending on the type of band you are you can get quite a lof of success out of MySpace - I know of a few bands around where I live who are making a good name for themselves just through their profiles - one of them just went from playing 200-cap venues to playing to 6000 kids on a national tour. There are quite a few indie labels around here who judge quite a bit on your Myspace following.
  32. Quote:
    Not myspace again. When will this fad end?

Myspace is probably the most important thing other than Napster (and the affordable home studio) to happen to the music business in the last 15 years at least. So yeah, it's kinda important, and I truly hope it's not a fad.

THG Myspace though? I duno, it seems kinda pointless to me when you have the best tech website in the world already.

But I guess perhaps it'll get little emo kids out of their perpetual cycle of terrible music and even worse hair...and into that world-renowned fashion-concious and oh-so-cool collective who are proud to be known as geeks.

Or I'm reading too far into it.

I for one cant wait to see that garbage of a website go belly up.
  33. Vendetta have we?
  34. lol perhaps i just hate those types of sites im not really fond of forums either though i see a use for them.

you always have to sneek up on me dont you!
  35. Meh. Its what I do.
  36. Quote:
    I for one cant wait to see that garbage of a website go belly up.

I'm starting to see that you have something of a problem seeing past your own needs...
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Myspace Tom's Hardware Systems