I just played my first (and only) game of kacheekers. She was like "I'm
gonna win" and stuff, and I had not played checkers in 20+ years and never
played Kacheeckers. Anyway, she kept talking about getting 10 points if I
jumped her pieces with a king. After the game, I asked her where do I get
the point system so I knew how many points I would get she said "dont know
bye." Not even a "good game!"

Turns out there are no NP given away in the game, and she was trying to get
me to jump with my king, which, at the time, would have meant she would have
jumped my king afterwards and given her the advantage. Anyway, I smoked her
and she got all quiet. Sheesh!

My two cents: too time consuming to worry about the trophy. But while we
were plasying, I sold about 150k of stuff from my store :eek:) hehe!

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

moofenki [xxx@yyy.com] said
> I just played my first (and only) game of kacheekers. She was like "I'm
> gonna win" and stuff, and I had not played checkers in 20+ years and never
> played Kacheeckers. Anyway, she kept talking about getting 10 points if I
> jumped her pieces with a king. After the game, I asked her where do I get
> the point system so I knew how many points I would get she said "dont know
> bye." Not even a "good game!"

I hate it when people want to "chat" while playing these games - if I
wanted to chat I'd go to the boards or somewhere, but when playing games
I just want to get on with it.

"moofenki" <xxx@yyy.com> wrote in message

> My two cents: too time consuming to worry about the trophy. But while we
> were plasying, I sold about 150k of stuff from my store :eek:) hehe!

I've never got anywhere with any multiplayer games. I gave up too since it
seemed like when my opponent never moved neopets still would decide they
won. I couldn't figure out how that worked.

Gareeth

> "moofenki" <xxx@yyy.com> wrote in message
>>
>> My two cents: too time consuming to worry about the trophy. But while
>> we
>> were plasying, I sold about 150k of stuff from my store :eek:) hehe!
>>

> I've never got anywhere with any multiplayer games. I gave up too since it
> seemed like when my opponent never moved neopets still would decide they
> won. I couldn't figure out how that worked.
>
> Gareeth

If the game isn't completed no one moves on, one day when greg (flighttime)
was on the plushie tycoon boards we asked him.

"~Kerry~" <kpmatias1NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> If the game isn't completed no one moves on, one day when greg
> (flighttime) was on the plushie tycoon boards we asked him.
I wonder why they don't move on the person who was winning. Oh well.

Gareeth

> "~Kerry~" <kpmatias1NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> If the game isn't completed no one moves on, one day when greg
>> (flighttime) was on the plushie tycoon boards we asked him.
> I wonder why they don't move on the person who was winning. Oh well.
>
> Gareeth

greg said it had to do with its hard to make a program that could decide
that, we also complained that it was unfair when your opponent only moves
once every 47 hrs. He said that yes its unfair but they again didn't have a
solution to it.

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

~Kerry~ [kpmatias1NOSPAM@hotmail.com] said

> "Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "~Kerry~" <kpmatias1NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> >> If the game isn't completed no one moves on, one day when greg
> >> (flighttime) was on the plushie tycoon boards we asked him.
> > I wonder why they don't move on the person who was winning. Oh well.
> >
> > Gareeth
> >
> greg said it had to do with its hard to make a program that could decide
> that, we also complained that it was unfair when your opponent only moves
> once every 47 hrs. He said that yes its unfair but they again didn't have a
> solution to it.

The way it should work in my opinion is that the players should have to
agree a time to play and then the game has to be started, played and
finished within a time period.

The defaulting would have to be thought through but it wouldn't be that
hard to improve on what is there as what is there is so bad.

How about, with 30 seconds time spent on thinking it through, if the
game is not won out right then:

You have to agree a start time within 48 hours of the tournament
starting. If no agreement is reached you both lose.

If the game isn't started you both lose.

If the game isn't ended within the time period, then the person who
moved last wins.

And as even a slow game of Armada (the longest of the three games) can
be complete in 2 hours a good time period of three hours per game could
be allowed.