Mouse and keyboard not working PROPERLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurusubramani

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
Hi,
I have got his bizarre problem, my mouse and keyboard just stopped working properly. The mouse pointer moves but right click does not work and if I left click on a folder the the properties pan of the folder opens up. Sometimes the left click does work, but the menu which opens up stays for a fraction of a second and disappears.

But this is just half of the problem, the enter key toggles full screen mode for an application. I think something corrupted the key bindings and the mouse drivers. Is there any way to fix the problem.

ps: tried system restore, tried it in safe mode, tried safe mode with command prompt, nothing works. The keyboard works fine in the bios though

Solution
Have you tried swapping the Keyboard and the Mouse? If the problem is still there, then it's software. Otherwise it's hardware.

Sounds to me like a software problem, but it may save you some trouble if it works after swapping.

macewrox

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
Have you tried swapping the Keyboard and the Mouse? If the problem is still there, then it's software. Otherwise it's hardware.

Sounds to me like a software problem, but it may save you some trouble if it works after swapping.

Solution

siddhu2006

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
i have got the same problem but with one addition.when the left clicks starts to open the oproperties,my keyboard stops working. i have formatted my drive with new copy of win xp.but the problem still exists.swapped,still the problem exists.help me guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.