Problems with WPA-PSK and Belkin F5D7632uk4 adsl router

Archived from groups: (More info?)

Dear All,

I have a Belkin F5D7632uk4 adsl router. I have set up my network to use
WPA-PSK authentication with TKIP encryption. All works well between my
router and desktop (which has a belkin card), however, my laptop (using
Intel Proset wireless) is fine when I first log on to the network but if I
turn off my laptop and then turn it back on later it seems to connect but
does not get authenticated and hence cannot communicate with the other
machines/ or internet.

If I switch to using 128-bit WEP everything is fine. Does anyone have any
suggestions (is 128-bit WEP secure (I can pick up a couple of other nearby
networks))

Thanks in advance,

Martyn
1 answer Last reply
More about problems belkin f5d7632uk4 adsl router
  1. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    to use WPA it would seem you need windows XP.

    failing that, download WSC guard for other windows versions, thats what I
    had to do

    "Martyn D. Wheeler" <martyn_wheeler@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
    > Dear All,
    >
    > I have a Belkin F5D7632uk4 adsl router. I have set up my network to use
    > WPA-PSK authentication with TKIP encryption. All works well between my
    > router and desktop (which has a belkin card), however, my laptop (using
    > Intel Proset wireless) is fine when I first log on to the network but if I
    > turn off my laptop and then turn it back on later it seems to connect but
    > does not get authenticated and hence cannot communicate with the other
    > machines/ or internet.
    >
    > If I switch to using 128-bit WEP everything is fine. Does anyone have any
    > suggestions (is 128-bit WEP secure (I can pick up a couple of other nearby
    > networks))
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Martyn

Configuration Routers Belkin Wireless Networking