Problems with WPA-PSK and Belkin F5D7632uk4 adsl router

Archived from groups: (More info?)

Dear All,

I have a Belkin F5D7632uk4 adsl router. I have set up my network to use
WPA-PSK authentication with TKIP encryption. All works well between my
router and desktop (which has a belkin card), however, my laptop (using
Intel Proset wireless) is fine when I first log on to the network but if I
turn off my laptop and then turn it back on later it seems to connect but
does not get authenticated and hence cannot communicate with the other
machines/ or internet.

If I switch to using 128-bit WEP everything is fine. Does anyone have any
suggestions (is 128-bit WEP secure (I can pick up a couple of other nearby
networks))

Thanks in advance,

Martyn

ad

Archived from groups: (More info?)

to use WPA it would seem you need windows XP.

failing that, download WSC guard for other windows versions, thats what I
had to do