Windows 7, verifying DMI pool data...

GoGamecocks

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
A couple of days ago I bought Windows 7 to replace the horrid Vista. Instead of upgrade, I figured I'd just burn the files I want to keep to a CD and have a fresh new start with Windows 7.

Bad idea.

So, I put the CD in and it starts installing. Asks for all details, name, timezone, serial, etc. I formatted my hard drive (X meg out of X meg available) and choose that partition to install to. Simple stuff. My computer restarts a couple of times in the process and about 20-25 minutes later the install is completing... until it restarts one final time and I get the message:

VERIFYING DMI POOL DATA

I have looked absolutely everywhere on Google (and Tom's Hardware). I've tried all the suggestions. There aren't any loose plugs or bad hard drives, unless my drive just decided to crash the second 7 was done installing.

I've contacted Microsoft about this message and they said to contact the hardware manufacturer, but they're no help either.

The only thing I've yet to try is to update the BIOS from a CD (CD is my only choice), but I can't seem to be able to do that, probably because I'm stupid... I used the instructions found here: http://www.bay-wolf.com/bootcd-bios.htm and made a bootable CD, which I can put into my computer and read fine, but the problem is is that I don't see the BIOS .exe that I put on there, I only see the files in the app I downloaded to make the CD bootable.

Any recommendations? I've reset CMOS, gone into PnP and cleared everything, reset to default in BIOS, etc. The hard drive is formatted and I've tried installing 7 several times now -- it restarts for the final time, saying it's complete, but it just stops when Windows 7 loads.

Go download the Ultimate Boot CD (www.ultimatebootcd.com) and run the hard drive diagnostics. There have been several other threads regarding this same issue. Bad hard drives seem to be the main cause. Another potential solution reported is to set your hard drive as the very first boot device in the computer, then try reinstalling 7 (you will need to make your system give you its boot device menu so you can manually select the dvd drive the first time, to start the install process.

captainconner

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2011
Just had a mates PC 'i am fixing with the same message. I only booted the Windows7 disc to check it would boot before installing. Then I was getting Verifying DMI Pool message trying to boot back into windows vista. I went into boot devices on start up and selected hard drive and it worked so answer is defo in selecting the device you want to boot from. If you did fornat then you would have to boot from DVD drive to re-install. :eek: :bounce: :eek: