scanning so slow with HP Scanjet 3770

Hi
It's holyday and I just started doing one of these things that I wanted for
years.
To scan hundreds of old slides with a HP SCanjet 3770 dig flatbed scanner

But it works SO SLOW... just the pre scan takes up to one minute and the
hole scanning of a single picyure /slide takes minutes!

Im I doing something wrong???

Hope you have a tip for me ....
best wishes
Otto Leholt

"Otto Leholt" <leholt@worldonline.dk> wrote in message
> Hi
> It's holyday and I just started doing one of these things that I wanted
for
> years.
> To scan hundreds of old slides with a HP SCanjet 3770 dig flatbed scanner
>
> But it works SO SLOW... just the pre scan takes up to one minute and the
> hole scanning of a single picyure /slide takes minutes!
>
> Im I doing something wrong???
>
> Hope you have a tip for me ....
> best wishes
> Otto Leholt

The scanning speed is a mechanical thing.
You can not make a slow scanner go faster.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com