11 X 17 Scanner People?

I'm in the process of evaluating 11 x 17 scanners for a business solution,
and am wondering if there is anybody on here who uses the higher end
machines that could comment.... First of all, the requirements: I'm
scanning 11 x 17 hand drawings (a lot of them!) Some of them are old with
torn/curled edges. I would like a Automatic document feeder so I don't have
to sit in front of it all day, but also the option of opening the lid for a
flatbed should I have a bad drawing that needs to be done manually. It needs
to be color, with decent resolution, simple to scan to .PDF, and of course
the obvious price.

I have really set my heart on the Ricoh IS330DC, but have heard some not so
good things regarding service. Anyone have any experience (good or bad)
with Ricoh? Anyone have another option I might have missed? Iv'e checked
out the Fijitsu and can't find what I want for even close to the Ricoh
price...

Thanks in advance,

Scott

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

> I'm
> scanning 11 x 17 hand drawings (a lot of them!) Some of them are old with
> torn/curled edges. I would like a Automatic document feeder

Yikes. Based on my experience with ADFs, I would be worried quite a few
documents in that kind of shape would get mangled by the ADF. Make sure to
get a demo with some of your documents before buying!

Doug
--
Doug's "MF Film Holder" for batch scanning "strips" of 120/220 medium format
film: