FR/LG Move tutor and other topics.

According to Serebii.net, it would appear almost all Pokémon can learn Body
Slam. Is this true, or is it like the guys who teaches Rock Slide, Mega
Punch/Kick etc and can only be taught once? And what is the great move that
your starter Pokémon can learn (heard this from a walkthrough mag). Thanks
for any help in advance.

On another note, is there any diagram of where Feebas can be found on Ru/Sa?
I know it could be a number of tiles, but which water section is it?

Here is my final Ruby team. It has no legendary Pokémon because I have a
tradition of not including any on my main party and then raising them later
separately.

Gardevoir:
Psychic, Calm Mind, Double Team and Thunderbolt

Manectric:
Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Crunch and Quick Attack (thinking of a possible
replacement for QA).

Breloom:
Giga Drain, Leech Seed, Sky Upercut and Headbut (which could be replaced by
Earthquake or Body Slam if LG has many BS to offer).

Camerupt:
Flamethrower, Earthquake, Amnesia and Erruption.

Salamence:
Dragon Claw, Fly (to be replaced by Aerial Ace), Flamethrower (may be
replaced by Earthquake or Thunderbolt) and Crunch.

Swampert:
Surf, Earthquake, Ice Beam and currently Dive which I want to replace with
something else maybe Body Slam if avaiable on LG.

Suggestions/comments welcome.

Chriz wrote:

> According to Serebii.net, it would appear almost all Pokémon can learn Body
> Slam. Is this true, or is it like the guys who teaches Rock Slide, Mega
> Punch/Kick etc and can only be taught once? And what is the great move that
> your starter Pokémon can learn (heard this from a walkthrough mag). Thanks
> for any help in advance.
>
> On another note, is there any diagram of where Feebas can be found on Ru/Sa?
> I know it could be a number of tiles, but which water section is it?

Sorry. The Feebas tiles are randomized whenever the Trendy Saying is
altered, so a diagram is implausible. The general advice for trying to
find them is to try each tile five times, even the ones you can only
reach using Surf. Once you've located a Feebas tile, be sure to catch a
male and a female so you don't have to repeat the process to get more.

> Here is my final Ruby team. It has no legendary Pokémon because I have a
> tradition of not including any on my main party and then raising them later
> separately.
>
> Gardevoir:
> Psychic, Calm Mind, Double Team and Thunderbolt

Sounds kinda like my Gardevoir, except I don't have Calm Mind. That was
an oversight on my part.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

"To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass
is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs
to be."

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205! wrote:
> > Gardevoir:
> > Psychic, Calm Mind, Double Team and Thunderbolt
> >
> Sounds kinda like my Gardevoir, except I don't have Calm Mind. That was
> an oversight on my part.

Not a drastic one, though - Gardevoir's Special Attack & Special Defence
are already high enough that boosting them further isn't particularly worth
the effort...

NAME HP ATK DEF SPD SATK SDEF
==== == === === === ==== ====
Gardevoir 68 65 65 80 125 115
Alakazam 55 50 45 120 135 85

....as a comparison since we all know how kickass Alakazam can be, so the
numbers'll have some meaning. :p

For a move set, I prefer Psychic, Thunderbolt (TM), Thief or Shadow Ball
(TM; doesn't really matter which, IMHO), Will 'O Wisp (bred from Koffing,
Duskull or Shuppet, possibly others). Will 'O Wisp (cause burning) kills
Attack, so is all the defense Gardevoir needs to make up for its adequate
Defense score and has an offensive factor as well, of course.

In article <35di19F4jggg5U1@individual.net>,
Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205! <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote:

>Sorry. The Feebas tiles are randomized whenever the Trendy Saying is
>altered, so a diagram is implausible. The general advice for trying to
>find them is to try each tile five times, even the ones you can only
>reach using Surf. Once you've located a Feebas tile, be sure to catch a
>male and a female so you don't have to repeat the process to get more.

Or get FR/LG and catch some Dittos. (Yay!) Suddenly I was much happier
at having caught some male Pokemon in Coliseum.

david@thornley.net | If you don't, flee.

"Joseph William Dixon" <aa343@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote in message
>> > Gardevoir:
>> > Psychic, Calm Mind, Double Team and Thunderbolt
>>
>> Sounds kinda like my Gardevoir, except I don't have Calm Mind. That was
>> an oversight on my part.
>
> Not a drastic one, though - Gardevoir's Special Attack & Special Defence
> are already high enough that boosting them further isn't particularly
> worth
> the effort...

That's crazy talk. The whole point of high stats is that moves like Calm
Mind have more of a benefit. Gardevoir is an excellent contender for the
move.

I remember a time when people scoffed at anyone putting Amnesia on Mewtwo.
Just before their GameSharked Exeggutor died a thousand deaths.

--
Steffan Alun

http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?

Sapphire PokéDex: 201

LeafGreen PokéDex: 109

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005, STEFFAN HEDD ALUN wrote:
> > Not a drastic one, though - Gardevoir's Special Attack & Special
> > Defence are already high enough that boosting them further isn't
> > particularly worth the effort...
>
> That's crazy talk. The whole point of high stats is that moves like Calm
> Mind have more of a benefit. Gardevoir is an excellent contender for the
> move.

...except that it's already strong enough that in the 2-3 turns of using
Calm Mind, it could already have ground an opponent or two into dust. :)
Or, against a human with a brain, you'll be fighting something that will
attack Gardevoir's Defense, which is only adequate (though better than
Alakazam), quite likely taking too much damage in the process.
Whenever I've tried Calm Mind (and Bulk Up), it just never seems to have
enough effect to make the damage I've taken in the meantime worth it.

> I remember a time when people scoffed at anyone putting Amnesia on Mewtwo.
> Just before their GameSharked Exeggutor died a thousand deaths.

Must've been rather heavily-Sharked Exeggutors. Or did no one in those
days bother putting Ice Beam on their Mewtwos? [thus taking out said
Exeggutor before the poor little freak could make even a single move.
Assuming similar levels, of course.]

>> I remember a time when people scoffed at anyone putting Amnesia on
>> Mewtwo.
>> Just before their GameSharked Exeggutor died a thousand deaths.
>
> Must've been rather heavily-Sharked Exeggutors. Or did no one in those
> days bother putting Ice Beam on their Mewtwos? [thus taking out said
> Exeggutor before the poor little freak could make even a single move.
> Assuming similar levels, of course.]

It was indeed heavily Sharked. And no, they weren't on similar levels.
Mewtwo was on :L100. The Exeggutor was much higher. In those days, I
actively seeked out cheaters to destroy, and had a theme team to take out
such beasts.