Turn off Windows Messenger

What do I need to do to stop 'Windows Messenger' from starting every
time I turn the computer on?

TIA, John

Open Messenger, go to Tools, select Options, go to the Preferences tab,
remove the check from "Run Windows Messenger when Windows Starts," click
apply and ok.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"John Smith" <jsmith@aol.com> wrote in message
> What do I need to do to stop 'Windows Messenger' from starting every
> time I turn the computer on?
>
> TIA, John

You can also unistall it by going into add/remove programs and then clicking
on add/remove windows components. At the bottom of that window unclick the
box for windows messenger.