should THG bring back a hot topic scrolling forum list?

should THG bring back a scrolling forum hot topic window?

• yes, i liked the old scrolling forum window. please bring it back.

Votes: 53 94.6%
  • No I like the new format for hot topics

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
we have all seen the new web site. looks clean and fresh but you cut out one of your best features...the forum's hot topic scrolling list and replaced it with a bland 5 topic window. i don't use the forums half as much now...everyone who thinks they should bring back the old scrolling list...please vote for it here and get THG to resurrect it.

halcyon

Splendid
No, only because with my preferred browser FireFox I grew tired of "chasing" the links with me mouse and the new format alleviates the need for the link chase. Doesn't look as cool, but works better for mwa.

mike99

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
I voted YES, and it won't show me the results either. For some time now, I can only Post with the Quick Reply box, as the Postreply icon says the thread does not exist. I posted 2 messages about this, but have not had any replies!!!

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
its not that hard, move your curser 1 in to the left or right, then you can chase them with ease.

All thread chasing aside, I too miss the scrolling ticker, gives you a good idea of whats hot on the forums.

altazi

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2007
YES!!!! Bring back the hot topic scroll!!! And please ditch the miserable light blue text!!! What IDIOT came up with that? Did they try looking at it on a notebook LCD screen in bright ambient light? It may be artsy, but it is terrible. Pure form over function.

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
its not that hard, move your curser 1 in to the left or right, then you can chase them with ease.

All thread chasing aside, I too miss the scrolling ticker, gives you a good idea of whats hot on the forums.

Ditto,,And Furthermore research around the web has shown that white web pages consume more electricty than not,plus a little colour would make for a more proffessional presentation...Eh what????? :sol:

G

At the very least, please significantly increase the number of topics.
Thank you.

I would agree with this. I hated the Firefox chase but prefer it to only seeing a few topics. At the very least show a dozen or so of the topics.

I voted YES, and it won't show me the results either. For some time now, I can only Post with the Quick Reply box, as the Postreply icon says the thread does not exist. I posted 2 messages about this, but have not had any replies!!!

I thought I was the only one having that problem. A work-around is to quote the original post or one of the replies, then erase the quote.

MadHacker

Distinguished
May 20, 2006
the scrolling hot forum list was very nice... even with having to chase the links.
alternate solution is to have an extra link. where it says "see all forums"
to actually point to a list of hot topics. instead of just taking your to the forum index. I can get there anytime by clicking on forums link at the top of the page.

MrsBytch

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2006
Its great the scrolling forum is gone. No more trolls spending all night replying to the scroll in a sad attempt at poster of the year honors.

Andrius

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2004
I hate the mouse over to stop scrolling part because it doesn't work in Opera. There should be a list like it is now but it should have like 50 hot topics not the tiny 10 link window (subpages anyone) it has now.
MORE TOPICS : YES PLEASE
SCROLLING with MOUSE OVER to STOP : no thankyou unless you fix it so it works in Opera.
The Dropdown menus from the current version also don't work(barf). What kind of webpage coding is this anyway?

Zenthar

Distinguished
I just want to point-out to those who mentioned the "topic case feature" that it it no longer exists under Firefox 3 (planned final release in June I think).