please help me to buy a portable hard disk drive

hi

i am going to buy a portable HDD. can u guys help me in finding a good HDD for me.

I'm looking for a 500 Gb portable HDD having usb & eSATA interface.

i want to buy a drive which is good in performance and reliability. which drive is stable, having less failure & can be trusted.

i searched many HDD reviews but it won.t help me bcoz i don't know much about that.

plz help me to buy a good drive.
6 answers Last reply
More about please portable hard disk drive
  1. I'd go with this Western Digital My DVR Expander WDG1S5000 500GB eSATA Black External Hard Drive. I've used WD external hard drives a lot and I've never had any problems. At $130 its a good price too.
  2. ya... it's very comfortable for you...Right choice...
  3. And it is probably gonna be cheaper in 2 days
  4. It is >2.2 pounds. Though the lighter ones do no have eSATA.
    I am also trying to figure out which one to buy.
    Can anyone help me?
    http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=11085
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822165153
    Though Lacie rugged XL has eSATA with 1 TB, but still weighs >2 Ibs
  5. I'm also looking for a RELIABLE portable drive, prefer smaller form factor than eBook. I have 2 WD Passports. One never worked and the other lasted only a couple of months and crapped out on me while I was trying to back up the pictures from my digital camera on vacation. Fortunately I had several thumb drives that provided extra backup or I would have lost the first week's worth.
    Thanks!
  6. If you're only looking at 500Gb or less, consider getting a 2.5" drive and an external enclosure with eSata. I have a 320Gb Hitachi drive in an Eagle Tech Consus enclosure and couldn't be happier. Besides the small footprint, you don't have to worry about lugging a bulky AC adapter around because it uses a dual USB cable for power and eSata for data. Nice.
Ask a new question

Read More

Products Disk Drive Hard Drives Product