please help me to buy a portable hard disk drive

srthsasi

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
hi

i am going to buy a portable HDD. can u guys help me in finding a good HDD for me.

I'm looking for a 500 Gb portable HDD having usb & eSATA interface.

i want to buy a drive which is good in performance and reliability. which drive is stable, having less failure & can be trusted.

i searched many HDD reviews but it won.t help me bcoz i don't know much about that.

plz help me to buy a good drive.

ewierzbo

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
I'm also looking for a RELIABLE portable drive, prefer smaller form factor than eBook. I have 2 WD Passports. One never worked and the other lasted only a couple of months and crapped out on me while I was trying to back up the pictures from my digital camera on vacation. Fortunately I had several thumb drives that provided extra backup or I would have lost the first week's worth.
Thanks!

neilometer

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
If you're only looking at 500Gb or less, consider getting a 2.5" drive and an external enclosure with eSata. I have a 320Gb Hitachi drive in an Eagle Tech Consus enclosure and couldn't be happier. Besides the small footprint, you don't have to worry about lugging a bulky AC adapter around because it uses a dual USB cable for power and eSata for data. Nice.