WPA on startup

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
May 7, 2005 5:31:08 AM

Archived from groups: (More info?)

If I have my router and windows configured to use WPA when my laptop boots
up, the wireless card cannot connect to the router and it insteads gets a
169.254.xxx.xxx IP.

If I then disable my wireless card and re-enable it, I get the correct
192.168.xxx.xxx address.

Also if I set my router and wireless card to not have encryption or to use
WEP everything goes fine.

Has anyone seen this before? or any hints for solving the problem?

thanks in advance

More about : wpa startup

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 10, 2005 1:58:03 PM

Archived from groups: (More info?)

I would ensure that you have the latest firmware on your router and the
latest card drivers for you wireless card. This sounds like a hardware
issue.

--
Jeff Baziuk
Microsoft Corporation

and confers no rights.

"Navid" <Navid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I have my router and windows configured to use WPA when my laptop boots
> up, the wireless card cannot connect to the router and it insteads gets a
> 169.254.xxx.xxx IP.
>
> If I then disable my wireless card and re-enable it, I get the correct
> 192.168.xxx.xxx address.
>
> Also if I set my router and wireless card to not have encryption or to use
> WEP everything goes fine.
>
> Has anyone seen this before? or any hints for solving the problem?
>
> thanks in advance
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 12, 2005 6:56:35 PM

Archived from groups: (More info?)

Is the target network secured with WPA or WPA-PSK?

Are you using the Microsoft Wireless client to manage the profile?

What operating system version is this? XP SP2?

--
Jerry Peterson
Windows Network Services - Wireless

!