Wep encryption

Archived from groups: (More info?)

I have got a belkin 54g wireless router and a belkin 54 wireless card. I am
connected directly to the router so I have no problems but the other pc with
the wireless card does. I am confused because I have set up wireless
networks before no fuss, but I set up this wireless network and it works
fine until I enable wep encryption the other computer stays connected so I
have used the right wep key but it can no longer access the internet.
3 answers Last reply
More about encryption
  1. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    You said your other computer is wired, WEP does not affect your wired
    computers, so thats why it stays connected.

    Do you just not have Internet on your wireless computer? Or is it not
    connecting to your router at all? If its connecting to your router its not
    the WEP Key as that will stop you from connecting to the router all
    together.

    "Karl Hunt" <karlghunt@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >I have got a belkin 54g wireless router and a belkin 54 wireless card. I am
    > connected directly to the router so I have no problems but the other pc
    > with
    > the wireless card does. I am confused because I have set up wireless
    > networks before no fuss, but I set up this wireless network and it works
    > fine until I enable wep encryption the other computer stays connected so I
    > have used the right wep key but it can no longer access the internet.

  2. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    I'm jumping onto an older link as I have exactly the same problem -- as soon
    as I enable WEP, my wireless computer loses its ability to connect. I have
    checked and rechecked the configurations and everything SEEMS to be OK. I
    am running out of ideas . . .

    Bob

    "DLink Guru" wrote:

    > You said your other computer is wired, WEP does not affect your wired
    > computers, so thats why it stays connected.
    >
    > Do you just not have Internet on your wireless computer? Or is it not
    > connecting to your router at all? If its connecting to your router its not
    > the WEP Key as that will stop you from connecting to the router all
    > together.
    >
    > "Karl Hunt" <karlghunt@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > >I have got a belkin 54g wireless router and a belkin 54 wireless card. I am
    > > connected directly to the router so I have no problems but the other pc
    > > with
    > > the wireless card does. I am confused because I have set up wireless
    > > networks before no fuss, but I set up this wireless network and it works
    > > fine until I enable wep encryption the other computer stays connected so I
    > > have used the right wep key but it can no longer access the internet.

  3. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    Did you enable WEP on your router and your computer?

    "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm jumping onto an older link as I have exactly the same problem -- as
    > soon
    > as I enable WEP, my wireless computer loses its ability to connect. I
    > have
    > checked and rechecked the configurations and everything SEEMS to be OK.
    > am running out of ideas . . .
    >
    > Bob
    >

    > "DLink Guru" wrote:
    >
    >> You said your other computer is wired, WEP does not affect your wired
    >> computers, so thats why it stays connected.
    >>
    >> Do you just not have Internet on your wireless computer? Or is it not
    >> connecting to your router at all? If its connecting to your router its
    >> not
    >> the WEP Key as that will stop you from connecting to the router all
    >> together.
    >>
    >> "Karl Hunt" <karlghunt@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >> >I have got a belkin 54g wireless router and a belkin 54 wireless card. I
    >> >am
    >> > connected directly to the router so I have no problems but the other pc
    >> > with
    >> > the wireless card does. I am confused because I have set up wireless
    >> > networks before no fuss, but I set up this wireless network and it
    >> > works
    >> > fine until I enable wep encryption the other computer stays connected
    >> > so I
    >> > have used the right wep key but it can no longer access the internet.

Configuration Encryption WEP Belkin Wireless Networking